• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

installed a booster plug in my 2010 r1200r

f14rio

i don't think it can be wired incorrectly.
anyway, the bike starts but won't idle without crapping out. i gotta keep goosing it like a harley guy. 70 degree day, first start of the day for the bike. not permenantly installed (obviously) i doubt the engine got warm enough to affect the temp sensor which was hanging down below the bike.

might hafta send it back.

anybody have a similar thing happen?

8059795318_e322861827_c.jpg

8059797693_3b4632ab13_c.jpg

8059795557_fb4afd75cf_c.jpg

8059794549_84b32f1d6b_b.jpg

thx,
ed

Last edited:
There is a bunch of stuff on the R1200r forum.

It may need a TPS relearn.

Unhook battery

Hook up battery.

Turn key on turn throttle 2 or three times from closed to all the way open. Turn key off.

Start bike like normal.

Please let me know if that does it.

David

You are not supposed to hook up the BoosterPlug to the fuel injectors.

Plug the unit in between the air temp sensor and the bike harness at the sensor(at the airbox).

will check tomorrow

so it is possible to plug into the wrong connector?
they must obviously be the same part no.

thanks and as henzilla pm'd me...

.. i need to learn to read directions.
thanks again, henzilla
ed

re: "There is a reason you flew in them and didn't maintain them."

you got that right., AK.
:)
7943181278_62820d49ec.jpg

Back