• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'87 K75s: holes in block, normal?

H

hawkins_k12

I was working on cleaning and degreasing the underside of my new (to me) 1987 k75s and noticed two machined holes that appear to be open. I know k bikes are very sensitive to vacumme leaks and I was not sure if these were normally left open like this or if something is missing.

The first is on the underside of the block, just forward of the oil filter:
imagejfr.jpg
p

The second is a bit further back on the underside of the transmission:
imagefkf.jpg

Those are weep holes. If they're unclogged and dry you don't need to worry about them.

The front hole will alert you to leaks between the cooling and oil systems, and the rear hole will alert you to a leaking rear main seal, O-ring leak, or transmission seal leak.

Noted. Thank you for your knowledge.

Last edited:
Back