• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Start a thread!

BCKRider

Kbiker
If something is on your mind about anything to do with motorcycling, be that a question, opinion or rant, START A THREAD!

Though my total posts are not that high, I have certainly started many a thread. In EVERY CASE where the title was a question, I (and of course others with the same question) have received multiple - and often useful - answers. When I've given an opinion or rant, again the multiple responses inform not only me but the whole group who are interested in the idea.

We should all research the archives of this forum before posting. Frankly, most of us don't. Few threads I read go back more than a couple months. So go ahead and pose the question or opinion that has probably been posted before. If your question is a technical problem, there is a very good chance someone will give you a thread you just have to click on.

Don't worry too much about which "sub-forum" you use. The mod's are just great about getting your thread into the one which will get the greatest response.

I have attended three international rallys, and very much enjoy the ON mag. But I get the biggest bang for my membership buck from the forum. And I think I don't use this resource to the optimum.

Great concept Doug! I especially like when someone drops in with good news. Interesting, informative or funny threads are always a hit.
Another good starter for a thread is the "how do I" on the forum. When you see something done, and don't know how-even if it's something basic like spellwring check- just ask.
In this age demographic, people frequently are a bit embarrassed if the can't use a forum feature- everyone learns somewhere. ( and ya you can send a pm (private message) and We'll help you)
Chances are the more you can do on the forum, the more you can enjoy the forum.

Don't worry too much about which "sub-forum" you use. The mod's are just great about getting your thread into the one which will get the greatest response.
While this isn't really a Just Ridin' kind of thread, we can see where it goes and if we move it- we'll leave a trail to find it.
Gary

Great concept Doug! I especially like when someone drops in with good news. Interesting, informative or funny threads are always a hit.
Another good starter for a thread is the "how do I" on the forum. When you see something done, and don't know how-even if it's something basic like spellwring check- just ask.
In this age demographic, people frequently are a bit embarrassed if the can't use a forum feature- everyone learns somewhere. ( and ya you can send a pm (private message) and We'll help you)
Chances are the more you can do on the forum, the more you can enjoy the forum.

While this isn't really a Just Ridin' kind of thread, we can see where it goes and if we move it- we'll leave a trail to find it.
Gary

OK Gary, what is "spellwring" check? If there is a "spelling" check feature, I'm certainly not the only one who could use it but am ignorant of its existence. You're probably just tugging on my femur.

OK Gary, what is "spellwring" check? If there is a "spelling" check feature, I'm certainly not the only one who could use it but am ignorant of its existence. You're probably just tugging on my femur.
;) If your typing along and finish a word, then space, and Red squiggly line appears under it......hover your mouse (cursor) over it and right click. It will give you the correct spellwring options. HTH Gary

;) If your typing along and finish a word, then space, and Red squiggly line appears under it......hover your mouse (cursor) over it and right click. It will give you the correct spellwring options. HTH Gary

Really? It didn't catch your second word (should have been "you're,) but maybe that is grammer, not spelling. Suspect we will long continue to have people discussing how to service their breaks (stopping devices) on their bikes.

But thanks for this. Will see if it works.

Back