• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Connector contacts

TGEORGE143784

Hey all. I used the search tool but found nothing.

Does anyone know where to get to crimp contacts that live inside the various plastic connectors on our airheads? A few of mine are looking sleezy and I want to replace them.

Thx.

Checked all of the online fiches. I will call the dealer next but normally they guy I get on the phone there has only vaguely heard of motorcycles, never mind obscure airhead trivia.

Thought I'd try this forum first.

The bike is a 1987 airhead.

dealers don't know bmw parts?

I have found Max BMW sales reps quite knowlegable and helpful. Probably others out there are just as good but most of my purchases are from Max.

Agreed, call Max and ask for Rusty (known locally as the king of the airheads).

+1 on Rusty Gill. He's in the New Hampshire store.1987 narrows it down somewhat. "Airhead" is a generic term applied to BMWs. There is usually a model (R60/5, R75/5, R90/6,R90S, R100, etc) that follows the BMW part...

When making an jumper for my voltage regulator and wiring for future (possible) use of an electronic turn signal flasher, I found the local auto parts store had the needed connectors. The BMW motorcycle connectors seem to be standard automotive type, although one would be wise to take a connector to the store to match up the size and prevent multiple trips. Here is a link to O'Reillys website (for example) with spade style connectors: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Wire+Connectors+-+Spade+Style/N0214/C0189.oap

Back