• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW NA Mileage Awards

JohnF

At one time BMW NA had a program, where at 100,000 mile intervals they awarded a nice medallion with the mileage level embossed on it.

Does anyone know if this program is still active?

TIA

JEF
Cincinnati, OH

At one time BMW NA had a program, where at 100,000 mile intervals they awarded a nice medallion with the mileage level embossed on it.

Does anyone know if this program is still active?

TIA

JEF
Cincinnati, OH

Yes it is. The paperwork for the award is sent in by your dealer. Contact the dealer that is most familiar with you and your bike(s). You will need to have the data regarding bikes, VINs, miles you rode each.

And BMW NA is now called BMW Motorrad USA.

There are two basic programs. One is through the MOA, now run by Eric Peterson...info can be found here:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/ridetour/mileage_awards

You'll get a pin, patch, and notification of the mileage award...you'll also be listed on the website along with an entry in a future ON.

The other program, as Paul mentions, is through BMW Motorrad. Separate forms and information, but both must be signed off by the dealer.

There are two basic programs. One is through the MOA, now run by Eric Peterson...info can be found here:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/ridetour/mileage_awards

You'll get a pin, patch, and notification of the mileage award...you'll also be listed on the website along with an entry in a future ON.

The other program, as Paul mentions, is through BMW Motorrad. Separate forms and information, but both must be signed off by the dealer.

The easy way is to have the dealer fill out and sign the form for BMW. Then get a copy and send it to BMW MOA.

BMWMOA Mileage vs. BMWNA Mileage Awards

Hi All,
The BMWNA program is now resident here: http://www.missionawards.com/

You can download their form to fill in and process.
If you have difficulty, I have a downloaded a .pdf copy I'll be happy to email to anyone who needs it.

As Paul & 20774 noted, both include a validation by your dealer to keep that relationship active in the program.

I've gotten quite a few MOA submissions during September that are going out today.
;)

Eric Peterson
BMWMOA High Mileage Award Coordinator

Last edited:
Eric, why does the MOA High Mileage Award require a dealer's signature unlike the MOA's mileage contest where Ambassador or members signatures suffice? For various reasons I rarely darken a dealer's door these days.

It took me 30 months to get my first 100,000 mile award & by the time I got it from my dealer I was almost half way to 200,000 miles.

Attachments

• 100,000 005.jpg
    100,000 005.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 182
Eric, why does the MOA High Mileage Award require a dealer's signature unlike the MOA's mileage contest where Ambassador or members signatures suffice? For various reasons I rarely darken a dealer's door these days.

Hi JKERSH1,
I'll take your question up to the board since the form with that signature block was created many years ago.
My initial thought is that it's to keep lines of communication and support open with the dealers and thus with BMW. For most riders, the dealer sells the riders parts & supplies and does the [major] maintenance on their bikes. Because of this, the dealers will have a much better handle on whether or not that person is, indeed, putting on the miles that they claim. While this isnÔÇÖt always the case, I suspect that 99% of the time it is.
Also, most riders may have more frequent contact with their dealers than with an Ambassador.

All that being said, if one of our Ambassadors validates a submission form, I will not challenge that!
We have a well established integrity with each other that goes beyond a mileage award. :clap

Ride Hard, Ride Safe!

My dealer supported me on my forms, but they don't do the maintenance for any of my bikes. But, I support them, buy parts from them, and work with them to keep the MOA on their minds. I was ready to "prove" the mileage I'd driven, but our relationship didn't make that necessary. I'm not saying that I "bought" their signature, but our trust was all that was needed.

On the paperwork that comes with the award from BMW Motorrad, it says to visit the facebook page /BMWTouringUSA to see postings of mileage awards. I'm not into facebook, but someone who has an account couldn't find this facebook page. Has anyone been able to get there?

BTW...the mileage certificate has a K1600GT as the background watermark. Does anyone think that's a bit lame? Wouldn't it have been better to have the R32? Or better yet, maybe be able to choose your favorite bike or the bike that got you the miles? In my case, I would have preferred to have a /7...after that, the R32 would have been the most appropriate.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies...at least I know there is still a program, and as one of you waited 30 months, the 12 months I have waited is explained.

I actually had a dealer that is familiar with my bikes and riding submit the paperwork for the 200,300,400, and 500K levels at the same time. We have had no dealer in Cincinnati since I had submitted and recd the 100K level. Getting real close to the 600K level now.

Not too sure why it would take more than 12 months to reveiw the paper work and make the decision, but...

JEF
Cincinnati, OH

Thanks for the replies...at least I know there is still a program, and as one of you waited 30 months, the 12 months I have waited is explained.

I actually had a dealer that is familiar with my bikes and riding submit the paperwork for the 200,300,400, and 500K levels at the same time. We have had no dealer in Cincinnati since I had submitted and recd the 100K level. Getting real close to the 600K level now.

Not too sure why it would take more than 12 months to reveiw the paper work and make the decision, but...

JEF
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't wait 30 months to get the 100,000 mile award. It took me 30 months to ride my first 100,000 miles on a BMW. It took about 8 months to receive the award after the dealer sent in the paper work.

Back