• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello All..back after a 28 year hiatus!

weeman

Hello All,

After a long slumber off motorcycles (28yrs.) I've decided to ride before I can't get on a bike anymore. I started at 12yrs old riding motocross bikes then moving up to road racing a Yamaha rd400 in the mid-70s until life got more complex. Fast forward, I thought start slow by buying a low used (2200 mile/yr) 1995 r1100rsl and have fun with it so here I stay. I also own a 1968 r50/2 that I'm in the process of restoring.
Thank you for the opportunity to be involved with such a great group of people and motorcycles.

Steve (weeman)

Steve: welcome.

And nothing like a 215 km/hr RSL to start out slow on. :D

Rinty,

At almost 60 yrs next and having seen the other side of 150 mph in my youth I doubt I will ever exploit any thing near 215 km/hr. Thanks for the welcome you guys!

Last edited:
Hey, welcome back, it was close to 30 years for me. I would strongly suggest you take the MSF course. As you know, there was no training back then, now there is excellent training. It's a fun weekend, proving to yourself that you don't know much. :D

I would strongly suggest you take the MSF course. As you know, there was no training back then, now there is excellent training. It's a fun weekend, proving to yourself that you don't know much. :D

I agree, took the course a few months ago myself. Well worth the time and money. Got a break on how much I have to pay Geico every year because of it:)

Hey, welcome back, it was close to 30 years for me. I would strongly suggest you take the MSF course. As you know, there was no training back then, now there is excellent training. It's a fun weekend, proving to yourself that you don't know much. :D

I beat you to it! I took the MSF intermediate coarse this past weekend and enjoyed it. I did have a chance to ride on a permit prior to the coarse for a month just to get use to riding again. All I can say is "why did I ever stop"! I was married for close to 25 yrs and the answer was always " I can't have fatherless children"....I got that! Now since she decided to call it quits, I got back, so to speak, by getting a motorcycle and riding again.
But getting back to what we were talking about yes it's a great coarse and I'm very glad I took it. There's never enough education.

Cheers!

Back