• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fed up with these clowns

Looks like it adjusts the "at rest" position of the clutch master cylinder piston. I don't know about the BMW, but vintage British, MGs, Healeys, and such, did have such an adjustment on the clutch master cylinder linkage and its proper adjustment was important.

Bokrijder

Regarding the "communication" issue; I just had a similar discussion with my benefits dept at the corporation from which I retired. As I explained to the nice lady, I spent 32 years at said corp. selling pharmaceutical products. That job was about communicating medical and scientific information. Communication seems to be a lost art. In the last 30 years we have raised people who are incompetent regarding communication.

Sales

Regarding the "communication" issue; I just had a similar discussion with my benefits dept at the corporation from which I retired. As I explained to the nice lady, I spent 32 years at said corp. selling pharmaceutical products. That job was about communicating medical and scientific information. Communication seems to be a lost art. In the last 30 years we have raised people who are incompetent regarding communication.

I totally agree. I am retiring July 1, 2013 after 42 years of veterinary medicine sales. Face-to-face sales are losing out to emails and texting. What most people do not realize is people buy from people.

I disagree. We have fostered a society where people do not want to admit their wrong. People have fear of losing their job, getting sued, etc. They think of only the monetary loss to them. But, we're all wrong from time to time. It's kind of ironic that people tend to make things worse by not apologizing making the situation worse rather than nipping it in the bud (so to speak).

NOT FAIR!!!! We read through this whole thread and you don't tell us how this screw is adjusted?:banghead We want to know!

Ok, ok. It's actually pretty easy. You will need a 2mm allen wrench, preferably a longer one so you can negotiate around the lever a bit easier. Then look under the lever about where the lever adjustment t screw meets the master piston there appears to be a sort of pivot pin with another set screw through it. Loosen that one first, just a bit as it only serves to lock in the first one I posted a picture of. Once it's loose go back to the one in the picture with your 2mm wrench and tighter or loosen to get the desired clutch action. It's going to take a few tries and you will need to be conservative in your adjustment since your friction point moves as the clutch wears. For instance if you make it so it's minimal travel/squeeze to the bar then as the clutch wears the added pressure on the master will cause the clutch to begin slipping. As you can see its pretty easy but caution in testing and final adjustment is necessary. Let me know if you want more.

Unfortunately you are correct. Our society has become so hedonistic we usually fail to think about others unless it will directly affect us as well.

I will be contacting BMW NA to let them know the dealership is sub-standard. Coincidentally I spoke with another shop recently and they state that they have heard the same things from a number of other customers.

It is quite amazing just how many BMW dealers have in fact been shut down for a number of reasons, not the least of which is too many complaints from the clients.

In the last two years or so in my region both Portland Motorcycle Co and the dealer in Spokane whose name I don't recall got their tickets pulled. Primary concern in both cases was poor results for the customers leading to too many complaints.

Portland Motorcycle was 4 decades a BMW dealer. Back in the Airhead days they were superb in parts and service and communications with the clients. Ownership got passed along until someone who didn't have a clue bought the business and killed the Golden Goose. He treated the employees just as bad as the clients, so lost all the expertise he had bought and replaced them with kids moving up from hamberger flipping jobs.

No question, if owner attitude is haywire, custormer satisfaction is haywire, and BMWNA wants to know about it.

Communications Hint

Right On!

I like the model from the old Preacher story:

"First I tell them what I'm going to tell them...
Then I tell them...
And then I tell them what I told them."

Takes effort to communicate, and we have to consider our audience.

Right On!

I like the model from the old Preacher story:

"First I tell them what I'm going to tell them...
Then I tell them...
And then I tell them what I told them."

Takes effort to communicate, and we have to consider our audience.

That was the teaching model we used in the Army......and it worked; mostly.

Yeah, but it killed a lot of time that needed killing.

The problem these days is that trend continued and now we have so much mandatory training for everything from motorcycle safety to constant ethics refreshers (thanks for that one Petraeus). There is so much training and so many new additions (without removing the old) we hardly have time to get work done. Only real option sometimes is to gaff off the training to get stuff done, of course then we probably ought to get back to the ethics discussion but *sigh* you know how it is.

The problem these days is that trend continued and now we have so much mandatory training for everything from motorcycle safety to constant ethics refreshers (thanks for that one Petraeus). There is so much training and so many new additions (without removing the old) we hardly have time to get work done. Only real option sometimes is to gaff off the training to get stuff done, of course then we probably ought to get back to the ethics discussion but *sigh* you know how it is.

You'll be happy to know its the same in the world of big business. I can't tell you how many worthless training sessions I sat through in 32 years. What was worse was so many of those sessions were led by incompetant people.

Back