• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vote Chad Yoshetomi Onto The US GS Trophy Challenge Team

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
Note: The forum software will not let me spell Chad's last name correctly because it has a banned word imbedded. The correct spelling uses an 'i' where I have an 'e'. If a mod can correct this, then please do.)

Last week in Moab, UT BMW conducted the West Coast qualifier to select riders to represent the USA in the upcoming international competition in South America. Three riders were selected after a two day competition; three additional riders were selected in an East Coast qualifier. BMW, for reasons that escape me, has decided to select the final three riders based upon the number of votes each rider can get on Facebook. I'm asking for your vote for Chad Yoshetomi of Anchorage, Alaska. I believe you do not need a Facebook account to vote.

If you have ever attended Dust 2 Dawson you know that Chad (HackyMoto) is a remarkable rider. When you watch him you will find yourself thinking, "Oh no!!! There is no hope, he's going down." Then there is a roar of an engine, a cloud of dirt and out emerges Hacky with a huge grin on his face. He is Mr. Excitement on a motorcycle. Chad was first on day one of the competition. Riders rode a 40+ mile course and along the way were challenged to complete 2 dozen special tasks. On day two riders competed in a closed course that included events such as riding through a maze, over multiple heavy equipment tires and riding on a telephone pole; Chad was second in this event. If the final team were to be selected based upon skill, courage and performance, then Chad would certainly be on the team.

Vote here:

https://www.facebook.com/BMWMotorradUSA?v=app_264801563554262

Be careful scrolling down the screen to Chad. If you click on a rider's picture it will count as a vote.

Attachments

• 527816_390923270979540_1063470516_n.jpg
    527816_390923270979540_1063470516_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 122
In total agreement. Idiotic way to chose a team representing US.

+1 Chad Yo****omi

Note: The forum software will not let me spell Chad's last name correctly because it has a banned word imbedded. The correct spelling uses an 'i' where I have an 'e'. If a mod can correct this, then please do.)

:ha

I met Chad in Oregon.... man, that guy is *committed* !!!

(yeah, that's mud he splashed all over my fisheye lens!)

IMG2464-XL.jpg

I have ridden/traveled with HackyMoto for many years.
I can't think of a better person to represent us in Africa.
Done deal! :thumb:thumb:thumb
Fite

Image353-1.jpg

Facebook

When I try to vote for Chad, next screen comes up with Facebook login. I don't have Facebook account :banghead

When I try to vote for Chad, next screen comes up with Facebook login. I don't have Facebook account :banghead

Some report getting that and some do not. You may have in fact voted. This entire process has been very poorly handled by BMW. The basic idea of selecting the team based on Facebook votes is ridiculous, and then the process has been poorly executed to boot. It is akin to selecting the homecoming King in high school.... a not very tech savvy high school.

HI Chad:)

I was GS Chairperson/Redmond and wish you well. Thanks for the helping hand you indeed pitched in, made my job at Redmond Rally easier. I remember your bike and yourself well, never really getting to say goodbye. Chad demo'd some neat riding skills for all us in Redmond before a gathering crowd to advertise the GS Trials Event. Quite a few talented GSers rode, but Chad did well, supporting the GS family on his GS1150. PLEASE come to SALEM, 2013 and we'll welcome you aboard the newfounded GSGiants Family. Happy Trails Chad, Randy"Polarbear":thumb:usa

I was GS Chairperson/Redmond and wish you well. Thanks for the helping hand you indeed pitched in, made my job at Redmond Rally easier. I remember your bike and yourself well, never really getting to say goodbye. Chad demo'd some neat riding skills for all us in Redmond before a gathering crowd to advertise the GS Trials Event. Quite a few talented GSers rode, but Chad did well, supporting the GS family on his GS1150. PLEASE come to SALEM, 2013 and we'll welcome you aboard the newfounded GSGiants Family. Happy Trails Chad, Randy"Polarbear":thumb:usa

Thanks Polarbear! I had a good time helping you out it was fun. Plans are in the works for Salem.

Thank you everyone we did it. :bar

BMW Motorrad Team USA

Team-USA-bmw-motorrad-2012-L.jpg

Back