• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ABS question

nickrides

Nick Kennedy
Hi Gents
Starting to consider a purchase of a late model [ 1990- 95 ] R 100 RT.

Did any of these come with ABS?

Is there year out there that is " The Best"?

Nick Kennedy
1978 R 80/7
1990 K75 RT

Avoid the '74 models. If you ride one, it will immediately explode in flames because of it's slightly different transmission internals and front axle, and you won't be able to stop from riding off the edge of the nearby cliff because of the sub-par ATE (non-ABS) brakes and one-year-only non-drilled rotors.

Trust me. I have three of them.

Less well braced crankcase has got me worried, not. When you manage to sit on those '74's all day, they always seem to arrive with, what else, the new bikes. Rear-end finally showed a slight weep at internal seal, just another little fixer-upper this winter. A bike is a bike if you like it and gets you there. Smok'em if you gottem.

OK

No ABS

Copy that.

I can live with that. Sort of..

And thanks for the sage advice to avoid the '74 era!

That's some good stuff, yes sir.

Nick Kennedy

Back