• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lightweight motorcycle cover?

"BILT" at Cycle Gear,

Was just given a Bilt cover from Cycle gear and its probably the best built cover I ever owned. BUT, its bulky, football size at best when packed. It stays outside the saddlebags. 45$ on sale(normal double that) and they sell a cheaper one too. My 100+$ covers are in my past, not worthy, most of'em I've tried. WalMart even sold a 19$ cover that was better than the pricey 100$ ones, still using it on another bike for years now. The above BILT one I just recently was given(BDay), had me wondering about its size and bulk, BUT I got over that quickly and it covers my complete GSA1200, loaded with all my gear for camping really FINE. Its built exteremely well, no pun as the name suggests. BILT! Not everything comes in a tiny package:). I like. Randy:thumb

My 100+$ covers are in my past, not worthy, most of'em I've tried. WalMart even sold a 19$ cover that was better than the pricey 100$ ones, still using it on another bike for years now.

My experience exactly. I'd rather spend the money on fuel.

Yep:)

Getting one as a BDay gift sure beats the alternative:). Mine(new BILT) is big, bulky, heavy and is likely a last ever cover for a very long time. Its very robust and hurricane proof, naaa but you get the point. It carries very easy on top of my trunk or thereabouts, on extended journeys. I do camp right alongside my bike at most of the campsights anyways and the cover could stay home too! Randy:usa

Lightweight cover...

My local BMW shop had the Guardian Ultralite cover at a reasonable price. It packs down pretty small and is good for " light rain" and it keeps the dew off the bike. For traveling in iffy weather, it is a good value. Not the ultimate but then again, the bike is an outdoor toy... I also carry a towel to wipe the seat if needed and I hit the cover with Scotch Guard after a few uses in the rain.

Back