• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 R1200GS Won't start

Telebeamer

Need some advice on a non-starting GS. Turns over fine and it is getting spark but won't run. Maybe a fuel pump? Had been running fine up to this point. I would appreciate some advice on this one.

I got nothing for you, except............you'll get better advice about your HEXhead if you post your questions about it in the correct sub-forum.

Mods- clean up on Aisle O!

2007 R1200GS won't start

My GS will turn over but not run. Has spark. I have read about the EWS ring failure. Any ideas
Thanks
Mark

I don't think it will crank with an EWS failure.

I suspect a fuel pump issue. Listen to see if the puel pump comes on when the key is turned on.

btw- if you're thinking fuel pump, listen to hear it initiate at start up; you should hear it pressurize the FI system during the first 5 seconds or so after you turn the key on (with sidestand up and/or in neutral).

Or pull an injector and point it into a can and crank engine. No spray = fuel pump or its controller.

Back