• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dayton MOA Chapter

binkleylane

BinkleyLane
Thought I would see if there was any intrest in a Dayton, Ohio chapter.
So...if there are any Dayton area riders that would like to look into this with me please post a reply...we can do it!

Hello Dayton.....Anybody Home?

I must admit I am surprised that there is so little interest in starting a MOA Chapter in the Dayton area.
My motivation is to develop some contacts with like minded folks that enjoy riding and sharing their experiences. I really like to ride with a friend instead of solo.
There must be some of you out there because as of today there have been 35 views, but no response.
So we can try this.
As a precursor to a chapter we could create a social group within the MOA Forum.
There is a section under the " User CP" tab that allows access to a area where
" Social Groups " can " meet ".
But first, somebody needs to reply to this post and then we can get started.

Anyone out thee?????:wave

There is supposed to be a Daytona club, contact details below.

Victor G. Harris, Jr (gerryvgh1@bellsouth.net)
386-763-0010

Have you tried contacting them?

I must admit I am surprised that there is so little interest in starting a MOA Chapter in the Dayton area.
My motivation is to develop some contacts with like minded folks that enjoy riding and sharing their experiences. I really like to ride with a friend instead of solo.
There must be some of you out there because as of today there have been 35 views, but no response.
So we can try this.
As a precursor to a chapter we could create a social group within the MOA Forum.
There is a section under the " User CP" tab that allows access to a area where
" Social Groups " can " meet ".
But first, somebody needs to reply to this post and then we can get started.

Anyone out thee?????:wave

I just happened on your post. Doesn't seem to be much BMW activity in the Cincy area either? I know this is mostly Harley country, and we both lost our dealers, but still?

I just looked at the Greater Cincinnati BMW Club web site, and as I see it,..not much activity for some time, many pages even come up [error]?

Hello and Thanks,

I thought about joing the Cinci Chapter but they are 30 + miles from where I live and just about all my life has been in the Greater Dayton area.
I know there are Beemer types in the area because I see them and their bikes allot. Saw a guy on a RT at a gas station a half a mile from my house the other day. Of course I know that does not mean that they are a member of the MOA. But they should be , LOL.
The bottom line, I'm looking for some folks that like to ride that would be intrested in sharing some time together.
Drop me a line, two are a start.

Hello and Thanks,

I thought about joing the Cinci Chapter but they are 30 + miles from where I live and just about all my life has been in the Greater Dayton area.
I know there are Beemer types in the area because I see them and their bikes allot. Saw a guy on a RT at a gas station a half a mile from my house the other day. Of course I know that does not mean that they are a member of the MOA. But they should be , LOL.
The bottom line, I'm looking for some folks that like to ride that would be intrested in sharing some time together.
Drop me a line, two are a start.

Well Heck, if you've seen one in your neighborhood...you're already ahead of me!....they are seldom seen down here. Hard to see anything but H/D around here.

That said though, there is a group [Local Riders.com] that does a European Bike Night, right here in my little village [Milford] it's held on the last Thursday of the month @ approx 6:30 pm . If that is something your interested in? let me know & I'll post directions. There is also the "Fuel meet" which on the second & fourth Sundays from 10-Noon . it is held on Eastern,Ave [Riverside Drive] at a place called Fuel, a coffee shop. It is home to the Mods & Rockers.a local group & it does draw all brands .

Over on the west side of town ea,Tues is bike night @ the Comet, a bar on Hamiliton ,Ave and again, tends to draw all brands.

There used to be some BMW guys in the Dayton M/C club, but I'm not sure how they're doing lately. Although... their big event each year...the Hillclimb is coming on the 14th . It is held in Oragonia [just east] of Lebanon .

What do you ride? I have a 2004 Roadster, & just picked up a 2002 KLT..needs a little work.

Ron

I ride a 2012RT, just bought it from Ohio MC in Columbus.
I have owned and ridden since I was 14 or 15, had a R90 in the FRG in the 70"s.
I am retired and would ride everyday if I could, and I would like to organize a group of guys/gals that are like minded.
MOA will assist in contacting Area owners that are members and my thoughts were to develop a " Greater Dayton " MOA Chapter. There is allot of territory in these seven counties up here + WPAFB and their has to be enough interested Beemer guys to start a chapter. I think the big challenge will be getting the word out there.
So Ron, are you going to be member # 2 in the new G.D.BMW MOA chapter?:dance
You can help me set it up and be part of the " ground crew ".
We could discuss this over a meal:eat
I will even pony up for the grub:clap
Maybe have an adult beverage:beer
Then get to work:type

Sounds like a good time to me.:thumb
Any thoughts?

:bikes

I ride a 2012RT, just bought it from Ohio MC in Columbus.
I have owned and ridden since I was 14 or 15, had a R90 in the FRG in the 70"s.
I am retired and would ride everyday if I could, and I would like to organize a group of guys/gals that are like minded.
MOA will assist in contacting Area owners that are members and my thoughts were to develop a " Greater Dayton " MOA Chapter. There is allot of territory in these seven counties up here + WPAFB and their has to be enough interested Beemer guys to start a chapter. I think the big challenge will be getting the word out there.
So Ron, are you going to be member # 2 in the new G.D.BMW MOA chapter?:dance
You can help me set it up and be part of the " ground crew ".
We could discuss this over a meal:eat
I will even pony up for the grub:clap
Maybe have an adult beverage:beer
Then get to work:type

Sounds like a good time to me.:thumb
Any thoughts?

:bikes

I'd be proud to be #2 , and glad to help. BTW, I'm retired as well.

Yeah you have the WPAFB , as well as the Packard museum, down this way is the WarBird museum,...neither is too far from Lima {1/2 mile} [sure Dayton is closer] but you get my point , there is the short track race [the old newsies] in Dayton, right on 48....and east of both is some darn fine riding area......let's work on that meet,eat,& greet!

You got it. Name the place, time and I will be there with me RT.
And anyone else out there that can put up with a couple of ol farts:fart tuned in and join us.:bolt:bolt

You got it. Name the place, time and I will be there with me RT.
And anyone else out there that can put up with a couple of ol farts:fart tuned in and join us.:bolt:bolt

Well you just touched on a good point......if no one else shows interest?....

Let me think of a decent place about the same distance for us both...and I'll give ya a shout!

Where exactly are you in the Dayton area? I'm in Milford, which is about 12 miles due east of d/town Cincy.

I am in Franklin Twp, just east of Middletown.
I can meet anywhere so you pick.
I also have had some input from MOA and they will provide some assistance.:type
I will bring the info when we meet.

Uh...

Dont forget about us Northern Kentucky folks ( about a dozen or so ) OR even the
nearby Indiana contingent in the Cincy metro area. We ride allot but have always
had to "cross" the metro traffic area to join about anything the club and previous
dealer put on. Now without the dealer, its bike nite or moa/ra rallys or nothing.

Travelin John... red 04R1150R

Is there a Perkins, B/Evans, anything like that between us along 75,maybe 71?...anywhere ?

A lunch meet ? maybe Travelin John can make it as well?

What are good days / time for you?....BTW what is your real name ?

Ron

Not trying to sway it my way [geographically] but it sounds like I'm between you & Travelin' John.

If ya want we can meet here. I have no wife to complain <g> , plenty of cold beer & or coffee,...and I'll get a meat tray or?...

Ron

Ok,
You guys work is out and give me enough lead time to get there and its done!:dance
This weekend is good.
Pick some place that has good grub.:eat

Welcome to the group Travelin John.. looking forward to meeting you.
Anyone else out there that is interested in a informal discussion about forming a new chapter - more toward the Dayton geographical area - keep an eye on this thread.
We would like to get a core working group together to discuss the possibilities.

I'm on the northern fringe of Cincy near Kings Island. 38 year rider but recently made the switch from HD to a R1150RT and love it. I'd be interested in helping develop a new chapter. I'm still working but I will watch the thread and meet if its at all possible.

BTW, I grew up in Dayton, '72 graduate of Meadowdale...

Mark
'05 Piedmont Red R1150RT

Back