• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No iPhone 5 thread?

I'm no techno-geek. A little over 2 years ago I was a big Blackberry fan because I didn't do well with touch screen typing and I do alot of email and texting on my phone. I got a iPhone 4 two years ago and must admit I really liked the device. Like "they" said, I became reasonably comfortable with the touch screen and the iPhone kicks ass on Blackberry when it comes to surfing the web and using apps.

Since my 2 year agreement was up and I'm due an upgrade, I stopped in an AT&T store next door to where I was having lunch the other day. The 5 was released that morning and rep told me when they opened, they sold out in 20 minutes. With dumb luck, they just unloaded a shipment of white 32GB iPhone 5's minutes before I walked into the store. The rep laughed and said there were people camping in front of the store that morning and I just walked in and could get a 5. As they say, timing is everything.

I wanted the black 16 but traded my iPhone 4 16GB for $150 and the white 5 was mine for $200 with taxes, out the door. With the 32GB model, now I can add about 1500 songs (11GB of space) from my iTunes library without using up all my space on the phone----something I couldn't do with the 16GB model----so I carried my iPod Classic and iPhone 4 when riding.

The moral of the story is I liked my iPhone 4 and I like the iPhone 5 even more. It's noticeably lighter, has a bigger screen and the Siri feature with voice texting that comes with it is pretty.damn.nice. I had no idea about the "LTE" 4G network but its as fast as my home wifi. WORLDS better than the 3G network.

Damn, maybe I AM a techno-geek! :blah

I understand there's a lot of loyal Apple fans, but I just don't the way Apple has their software setup. It's not intuitive to me. So, no Apple products for me. Also, I think their products are overpriced.

I understand there's a lot of loyal Apple fans, but I just don't the way Apple has their software setup. It's not intuitive to me.

My two year old grand daughter could show you the ropes. :stick I am curious what you do like.

I understand there's a lot of loyal Apple fans, but I just don't the way Apple has their software setup. It's not intuitive to me. So, no Apple products for me. Also, I think their products are overpriced.

Agreed on both points.

3qzw19.jpg

Except it's just not accurate. For the past half dozen years you've been able to dual boot into OSX or PC on Apple hardware. You can't do that on PC hardware. And this is kinda silly on a beemer forum anyway, yes? ...where the cheapest part on the bike is the rider. Yeah, I know you're into the relics, rather than the unaffordable new stuff and I appreciate that. I like the old bikes too, very much.

Preference is one thing. I've had to run dual OS for well over 20 years just to complete the things I needed to get done. I see no reason to buy PC hardware anymore. Mac hardware dual boots and is not nearly as pricey as you suggest.

I haven't purchased any Apple products since I bought their stock several years ago. :dance:dance:dance Oppan Gangnam Style. :twirl:twirl:twirl

Back