• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Returning member from Alberta !

ALIERA

Greetings everyone ...

So nice to be back...

Attachments

• 278157_10151878728050615_692752897_o.jpg
    278157_10151878728050615_692752897_o.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 67
Welcome Aliera, it's a good thing you are back and with a very sweet ride - great looking bike !

Well gentlemen...

... she drives a truck !

Although she did get asked just this afternoon to trade Black Cat Moan for a 355is ...while he was trying to figure out exactly what my keychain was... (a Porsche brake disc)

Nein !

... she drives a truck !

Although she did get asked just this afternoon to trade Black Cat Moan for a 355is ...

A truck! :banghead You don't own any Harley Davidsons that you have to rescue, do you?

Do you possibly mean a BMW 335is or a Ferrari F355. The latter, as nice to look at as they are, need very deep pockets to keep them running. A BMW 335is makes a nice daily driver; I've owned one of their coupes before.

I know Rinty from this and the Porsche forum which is why I made the comment. ;)

Anyway, you, Rin and others out there are lucky to have reasonably interesting roads so close to you. I have to fly out to mine. :cry

Where did you come back from, Lynn? Maybe we'll cross tracks at a Rockybow meeting (unless you're further north). And hang on to that truck; it's the standard Alberta vehicle.

...you,,,are lucky to have reasonably interesting roads...GlobalRider

Alex, we actually don't. The closest good road starts at St. Mary, Montana. There are a few corners on a heavily patrolled road south of Bragg Creek, and a few good corners on 1A, in the Nakoda Reserve. So we generally head south, or to the Kootenays, to ride.

But I thought central Canada has tons of interesting roads.

Alex, we actually don't. The closest good road starts at St. Mary, Montana. There are a few corners on a heavily patrolled road south of Bragg Creek, and a few good corners on 1A, in the Nakoda Reserve. So we generally head south, or to the Kootenays, to ride.

Rin, I've only been there twice; once when I helped a friend fly his Piper out west so that he can build time towards an ATR (I already had 2750 hours) and another time when I flew Air Canada to Victoria for work and looked down.

We drove from Calgary to Revelstoke (he didn't want to fly through the mountains because they were already looking for a downed aircraft...and he chickened out) through Banff, Lake Loise and Roger's Pass. So yes, the roads aren't all that spectacular, but the mountainous scenery is...and I love mountains. That 1 is like an Interstate compared to the Alps.

But looking at Streets & Trips and zooming in, there seems to be nice roads west running down from the 1 towards the US border....the 93 from Castle Junction, the 3A and 6 to Vernon. Are those not narrow and twisty?

I'll get to ride them one day, when I am too tired of sitting in airport terminals heading over the pond.

But I thought central Canada has tons of interesting roads.

Its not where I live, but yes, it is so flat there that you can still see your dog running away...three days later. :rofl

It's not where I live...GlobalRider

I should have said Eastern Canada. :D

...nice roads...

The Alberta roads going to the border are not twisty, but 22 is very scenic. Likewise, 93 in B.C. Portions of 6 are twisty and good; 3A is a heavily travelled connecter road. # 6 is about 7 hours from here. The best road is 31A in B.C. (the Glory Road):

Anyway, we better give Lynn's thread back to her. :ha

Last edited:
No you are all welcome !

...to post here ...

Just got back from Nakusp, British Columbia ... now that is beautiful riding !!

Where is 31A ?

Thank you for the warm welcome back !

That's the section between Kaslo and New Denver. It's one of my favourite roads.[/QUOTE]

It IS stunning ... sorry I never know the names of the roads ...

The Hill's Garlic Festival was wonderful this year in New Denver !

Ooh I would <3 that ...!

All it takes is an airline ticket and a motorcycle rental. The accommodations and food are relatively cheap compared to touring here. Gas prices are a bit of a wake-up call. The experience though is priceless.

Back