• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

i was wondering if anybody ever bored and stroked a 1000cc boxer engine...

From what I've ready, there's very little meat in the cylinder walls (iron cylinders) to over bore the 1000cc engine. Once done, the walls may not be stable enough over time. Nikasil you can't do that because of the coating. Probably not worth boring and recoating.

I think what people have tried is the 1050 Motoren-Israel kit.

Ahh...as I heard in the Bahamas one time... "I Be Strokin'"! Need the longer rod! Whoops... :blush

Now I get it...thanks...

The things that steered me away from all the Siebenrock kits is that they:

1) do not take stock pistons.
2) You have to buy a piston and cylinder together as a set, can't just buy a piston. Kinda like VCRs, just throw aways.

The 1000cc kit cannot use 1000cc BMW pistons(without machine work to the piston)

Other than those issue, it looks like they make really good stuff.

Back