• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

ordering from the factory

samuelh

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to order a custom configured bike from the factory? I'm looking for an f7, lowered with all the trimmings including ASC.

SH

Ordered Silver F700GS

I ordered a silver F700GS from BMW M/C of Grand Rapids on 08/26/12 and was told to expect three months as Apple Red ones are the first ones to arrive. We had no problem with this as the bike is for my wife, she is getting hip surgery on 10/24/12 and has a F650GS ('01) to ride in the interim. It "appears" the delivery time-frame depends upon the color chosen not particularly the options selected.

I ordered my 09 F800GS in September but requested it for March delivery. The dealer submitted it for the January build run. I would expect therefore that you'd need to expect 3-4 months, possibly longer if there is larger demand.

Back