• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

10th National Rally site

whm1226

I got a mug from a friend and it is from the 10th National BMWMOA rally. Does anyone know where this rally site was. It is obviously in Ohio but my friend can't remember where it was.

Thank you

Thanks Paul. My friend has a touch of memory loss so this info may hopefully trigger a thread.

Shreve had a lovely campground. My first national. Still got my mug too. It was glass in those days...

Mac

Shreve was nice- I camped along the access road between registration and the main rally site, so almost everybody went past my spot. Bikes arrived 24 hours each day, all through the night hours. Of course, they were all airheads back then- a very peaceful sound to fall asleep to!

A guy and his wife/girlfriend camped nearby had hung their damp laundry all over their /5 to dry- I thought it was funny, and took out my camera for a picture. They both rushed to throw their laundry off onto the ground, so I could get a 'proper' shot of the bike!

I got a mug from a friend and it is from the 10th National BMWMOA rally. Does anyone know where this rally site was. It is obviously in Ohio but my friend can't remember where it was.

List of past sites in your Anonymous Book. :)

10th MOA Natonal

I worked the Canton Cycle from Connecticut (great guys) the dealer vendor for the rally and all I remember is how tall the corn was and the wonderful Ale they had iced down, seemed it was a bottomless cooler. Great Rally!

My wife and I were there too,beautiful country,great people,great roads to ride. Watch out for road apples and slow moving buggies.Shreve is where we decided an EML sidecar was in our future.We bought one in 1985 at BMW of Daytona.:)

Back