• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Virus Error

Avast has several times warned about a trojan horse (indicated as being blocked).

Goodbye for now ... until this forum is made more secure....

i started getting the warning at work. nortons antivirus there. no warning here though but this is an xp system

XP here and over and over again Mcafee is blocking a trojan. It is only on this site as I go to other forums and it doesnt come up with the warning.......First time this has ever happened and really glad I have even just McAfee........God bless.......Dennis

It appears the web server hosting the MOA forum may be infected with an exploit toolkit, probably because someone forgot to patch software.

Exploit toolkits (google them, this one is exploit toolkit website 33) are nasty things, and were I not running both Norton 360 and blocking scripts through Firefox's NoScript add-on I would NOT be visiting the MOA forums until this was fixed.

When I hit the site with IE allowing scripts Norton blocks a nasty payload download by dj-silly, apparently based in the Ukraine. With Firefox and NoScript I get no warning but I do have dj-silly there in my list of sites requesting to run scripts on my machine. When I allow it, Norton immediately flashes up blocking the script.

Last edited:
Moderators note - I have modified the URL shown in 3 messages so it won't work. I would ask that anyone who is posting an unknown URL related to viruses also either not post the URL, or make it unworkable (you can see how I did that..)

Thanks for your cooperation.

non moderator note

Who is working on this problem? Yesterday, I could go to the flea market, but the forum was blocked with a big warning from AVG.

Who is working on this problem? Yesterday, I could go to the flea market, but the forum was blocked with a big warning from AVG.

How is it working now? The office in St. Louis knows what is going on and should have fixed things by now. I had heard they were going to restore back to an earlier verion of the forum. If you're still having problems, call the office.

Had Endpoint barking about Exploit Toolkit yesterday and putting the block on your inbound traffic.
Just think if all this energy could be directed towards something less sinister.
OH BOY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!

No barking this morning.

Looks like it.

This is a good time to talk about security. You MUST run current antivirus software and set to autoupdate, all sites can be vulnerable to rootkit infections. I run Norton 360, find it on sale at Newegg for $20 every few weeks, comes with 3 licenses for 3 machines. Norton used to be frowned upon for being a resource hog, the new versions are excellent. If you want free, Avast is excellent and unlike other free ones (AVG ugh) doesn't bug you to upgrade constantly, run ads or install pesky unwanted programs.

I use Firefox to browse the web. I never got a virus warning (until I opened the site with IE and Chrome) because I run the Noscript add on. This lets you control what sites get to run things on your machine. Sure enough, when I looked at the drop down menu of sites wanting to run scripts there was the MOA site (set to allow) and the DJ Silly attack site asking permission to run (sorry DJ, I clicked "never"). A side benefit of this is I have "never" for most ad servers, making browsing quicker and, for ads that play videos/sound, much quieter :)

No virus, but

I am seeing this at the top of the main Forums page:

Warning: system() [function.system]: Cannot execute a blank command in [path]/global.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 91

Not sure what that's all about.

Yes, that just showed up overnight. Hopefully, the office has been trying to tweak things, resulting in this message. It doesn't seem to affect the forum operation...unfortunately, it also doesn't seem to fix what's wrong with it.

Back