• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Virus Error

I just took a peek and it was OK. Usually it helps if we know Mac or PC so others may help check. Gary

Yes, I just got the following from Norton Anti-Virus:

Vulnerability Blocked: Malicious Java Download 8

I use a Mac running Snow Leopard and Safari 5.1.7.

I'm getting a warning with Avast. I'm a PC running IE. Hopefully the website gurus will figure this out.

same here and had to fool the technology and sneak through a bathroom window. Have Kasperski and got Trojan error. hmmm.... pranksters at work or just a glitch :dunno - Bob

I got it yesterday and this morning. running Firefox and Avast. Threat has been detected

Threat warning from AVG when trying to load the MOA Homepage through Internet Explorer.

Went through Google: MOA Marketplace, got in.

Deleted my Homepage Bookmark, now no problem!

A lot of time this is due to an offsite ad server serving a malicious ad. The MOA site is now on at least one major Internet blacklist (aka the one used at my place of employment). This is not going to be fun to clean up.

EDIT - Nice, looks like it is already unblacklisted :)

Last edited:
Well its back Tues 25 the virus warning has sounded on my PC.

same here. tricked it (so to speak) by using forums.bmwmoa.org. :scratch Seems to be attached to bmwmoa.org address only. - Bob
It still looks OK here. It would be interesting to see if the notifications on this, for the both of you, went away with a cookie-history cleaning. Your computer could be retaining the "old" info. OM

emptied it all but still get ..................... Trojan.JS.Redirector.ns.............

can still sneak in the backdoor but tends to be a bit of a PITA. Oh well, will keep looking for an answer in this computer. Funny how different folks are getting it though. - Bob

I received it yesterday. Have not wnated to get back on site. Got him by going to forum address from google post.

I am using eset nod32. It protects my system but forces me to reboot to clean some files.

Using PC, Windows 7, IE9

Last edited by a moderator:
Back