• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Favorite Books

The Places In Between by Rory Stewart is a haunting true story. Rory is a Scottish anthropoligist who walked across Afganistan. The book, little more than a well crafted journel details his trek through this harsh country. Amazing insight into the country which is always in the news as a trouble spot and a tale of a searcher who's character lies between brave and crazy.

Motorcycle theme: Riding With Rilke, by Ted Bishop

I have an autographed copy of Zen and the Art... with I slogged through back then. I've tried again twice and just can't make myself work that hard to read a book.

Now my reading is mostly on the lines of Robert Parker's Spenser series.

pete

Unbroken
Great read. True Story that is amazing that one person could endure. For those interested in WW11, and what happened to one man to survive the whole ordeal is truly amazing.
Book By Lauren Hillenbrand

Last edited:
My recent favorite fiction authors...

Elmore Leonard
Carl Hiaason
Mike Lawson
Stuart MacBride

I also like Revolutionary & Civil war histories and biographies, most recently 'Revolutionary Summer: The Birth of American Independence' by Joseph Ellis.

My recent favorite fiction authors...

I also like Revolutionary & Civil war histories and biographies, most recently 'Revolutionary Summer: The Birth of American Independence' by Joseph Ellis.

Nathaniel Philbrick's "Bunker Hill". You will love it ( I think ).

Yep, that was the one I read before 'Revolutionary Summer'. :) It was definitely a good read. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back