• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Quest: mounting aux. lights on 09 G650GS

DrSteve

I am setting up my wife's 09 G650GS and will be adding aux. lights this week. My question relates to mounting options.

Where are the best places to mount these lights? Are there brackets available? If so, where?

If I were to pick up a pair of crash bars, which ones are set up to accept lights while still keeping them within the protection of the bars should she drop the bike? The BMW bars seem more set up to protect the engine parts and appear to be too low and tight to the bike to provide a good place to mount lights. Any experience here?

Pics would be appreciated.

I will post this in a couple of places so in order to increase likelihood of reaching wider audience.

Thanks folks.

PIAA makes a light kit for the old F650GS single cyl. If they don't make a kit for your G650GS the old kit should work, but check with them prior to ordering to be certain.

Back