• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spouse with bike

Taught my wife to ride many moos ago on a T250 Suzuki 2 stroke. She stopped riding as the kids were young, but started riding again after we went to Europe in '99 for a MC tour of the Alps.

Rides a F650GS (single), she rarely rides pillion in the states, but does on out Europe trips. She has ridden her own bike in the Alps for 4 weeks, but prefers to be a passenger and sight see, and leave the road worries to me.

I kind of prefer it that way, as I ride a little more spirited than she, and I worry less knowing where she is all the time.

Hope all went well at the Doc...and she is OK!

Thanks to all.

She officially has a chipped ankle bone and was given an ankle brace.
They told her to come back in 3 weeks when the swelling in her knee goes down.
I asked her last night if she was done riding (meaning for the season) I think she took it as forever.
She said hell no, I have to see if I can get the brace in my boot.

My wife rides a 2007 Yamaha V-Star 650. She loves it and rides very well. She started out on a Honda Rebel 250. Then graduated to something bigger with more power about a year and a half later. I ride a BMW R100RT or R100GS depending on my mood.

Not with me...

My lovely wife has her MC endorsement, owns her own Yamaha Vino 125, but does not ride with me. She uses it for fun, and quick neighborhood trips.

Just last night, I asked her if she'd ride with me if I, too, got a scooter. She simply said, "Nope."

I'm disappointed, but I'll never force the issue. We've been together now for over 33 years, so we're not going to change each other now. And that's OK.

Back