• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photography and motorcycling

When I would go on vacation with my wife and kids when they were small, we'd take two diaper bags. Mine had the camera gear in it. Also works if the kids are older or even if there are no kids. Nobody will give a pink diaper bag a second look.

The only "problem" I had was at Busch Gardens Virginia one day when I left the bag on a park-type bench and walked maybe 12 feet away with my camera to take a photo of the Clydesdales. When I turned around it was gone. A security guard had picked it up and dropped it off at the next guard post in the park and I was quickly reunited with it.

One of the questions was how do you carry your camera gear. I carry only a DSLR and I carry it in a soft lunch cooler that is the size of a 6-pack. It either goes in the tankbag or the tail box. If I take it out it looks like I am carrying my lunch.

I aquired an attitude about my cameras while living in a third world country. My buddies were carrying their Nikons in these fancy aluminum cases the just as well had a sign on them that said " Valuable, Snatch, and Run". I converted an overnight makeup suit case into my camera kit. It contained 1 SLR. 2 lenses, a small tripod and film. There probably isn't any thing in a makeup case that is worth stealing.

My Mother-in-Law looked at it and said "So why didn't you use a diaper bag.?

Back