• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Cannonball 2012

Well Tom. I live about 8 miles from Motorcyclepedia and will be there when they take off. I will take pictures.

From the start in Newburgh, NY this morning.

RKD2643-XL.jpg

RKD2567-XL.jpg

RKD2589-XL.jpg

RKD2570-XL.jpg

RKD2576-XL.jpg

RKD2572-XL.jpg

RKD2583-XL.jpg

RKD2578-XL.jpg

RKD2586-XL.jpg

RKD2587-XL.jpg

RKD2606-XL.jpg

RKD2598-XL.jpg

RKD2599-XL.jpg

RKD2614-XL.jpg

RKD2616-XL.jpg

RKD2617-XL.jpg

RKD2619-XL.jpg

RKD2621-XL.jpg

Reid, Your pictures blow mine away! I totally missed the Etch-a-Sketch route sheet scroll.

Anyone know of time line?

I trying to see if I can some how catch the ride. I trying to figure when the group will be riding to Muskegon to catch the ferry. I might not make it due to Bike for Babies commitment, but I told some of my riding friends about the ride and they too want to check it out as it passes.

I trying to see if I can some how catch the ride. I trying to figure when the group will be riding to Muskegon to catch the ferry. I might not make it due to Bike for Babies commitment, but I told some of my riding friends about the ride and they too want to check it out as it passes.

Daily locations are on the cannonball site.

I found this on a blog:

Where Best To Catch The Motorcycle Cannonball Action

A number of readers have been contacting the American Iron Magazine offices asking about details on the route for the 2012 Motorcycle Cannonball and where are the best places to see the motorcycles and riders. Even we do not know the specific routes. But we do know a few of the planned stops that might be worth visiting if you are in the area. These are the best locations and dates for you to meet the riders and check out some of the action:
Wednesday Sept 5 ÔÇô Friday, Sept 7. Newburgh, NY at the Motorcyclepedia Museum and the Hilton Garden Inn. Riders depart starting at 9 am on Friday.
Sunday, Sept 9. Later afternoon and evening at the Harley-Davidson museum in Milwaukee.
Monday, Sept 10. Hosted lunch at Kutter Harley-Davidson in Monroe, WI. Late afternoon and evening at National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA.
Tuesday, Sept 11. Hosted lunch at Harley-Davidson of Mason City, IA.
Wednesday, Sept 12. Hosted dinner at Pioneer Auto Show in Murdo, SD.
Thursday, Sept 13. Hosted BBQ dinner at Glencoe Campgrounds, Sturgis SD.
Friday, Sept 14. Day off in Sturgis, SD. Bikes in and around town, including on Main St.
Saturday, Sept 15. Hosted lunch at DeLuxe Harley in Gillette, WY.
Sunday, Sept 16. Hosted lunch at Irma Hotel in Cody, WY.
Wednesday, Sept 19. Hosted dinner at Best Western hotel in Burns, OR.
Saturday, Sept 22. Hosted dinner at MichaelÔÇÖs Harley-Davidson in Rohnert Park, CA.
Sunday, Sept 23. Grand finish at Dudley Perkins Harley-Davidson in San Francisco.

Round the World Doug from Alabama is representing Advrider there and is posting on their site.
They are in Sandusky tonight, and Milwaukee tomorrow night, so they ought to arrive at the ferry boat around ... 2:43 p.m. tomorrow, Michigan time.
I say that with no recollection as to how long the boat takes to cross the lake.
But you have to figure that they need to sputter and putt along, all across Michigan from Sandusky before that, so ...
I say meander over to Muskegon around noon for lunch tomorrow, and don't forget the camera.
dc

Ah, crossing times. Express: 2 1/2 hours. Luddingtoner: 4 hours.
Therefore I can conclude that they take the Express and leave the Luddington for Luddites and Troglydites, nothing personal, mind you. This is a bike adventure, not a boating adventure.

Ha, third thought. Probably half of them get seasick just from seeing that much water.

Looks like Darryl Richman is in 3rd place after Day 2!

Go, Darryl!

THANKS bunches for sharing the pictures.

Voni
sMiling

I hadn't paid attention to the scoring system up to now. The latest report gave a brief rundown and color commentary. Very interesting!

Noel

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

from Bill Wood's report:

At this point, the smallest Cannonball class is still led by Darryl Richman, who has completed a perfect 1,044 miles on his 1928 BMW. But everyone is wondering how these smaller machines will handle the challenges ahead, particularly the high passes in the Rocky Mountains.

For now, though, Richman holds onto the overall lead in the Cannonball standings, thanks to a scoring system that awards ties first to the rider in the lowest class, then to the rider on the oldest motorcycle and finally, if a tie still exists, to the oldest rider.

Back