• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's BMW Scooter Time!

Trust that folks are working on this. Most of the moderators have little to do with actual website build. feetdraggers on bikes...maybe, here...kinda harsh:dunno

"The beatings will continue until morale improves".

Didn't mean for it to come off sounding like that.:hug
Gilly

Riding today

Was out riding my scooter today. It is to bad we do not have a lot of twisties around here. About 2 miles from here we have a short set around here and I have ridden a number of times (almost every time I go out). The scooter will lean over far enough that it will use every bit of rubber. If the bike had more rubber it would use it. This scooter handles well. After being off a bike for about 12 years this ride leaves me with total confidence and no worries.
Jeff
A bad day on the scooter is better than the best day at work

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Jeff! Have fun, ol' man winter not too far off.
Have not heard a peep from my dealer yet, will wait to call or email next week, that will definitely be late October!
If they don't arrive soon I probably will need to wait til spring. Once my bike is in storage it's pretty hard to get it out til spring.

Was out riding my scooter today. It is to bad we do not have a lot of twisties around here. About 2 miles from here we have a short set around here and I have ridden a number of times (almost every time I go out). The scooter will lean over far enough that it will use every bit of rubber. If the bike had more rubber it would use it. This scooter handles well. After being off a bike for about 12 years this ride leaves me with total confidence and no worries.
Jeff
A bad day on the scooter is better than the best day at work

PM sent

Found the download for the C600/650 scooters, hope this takes you to the right area:
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/...ad/gellery_wallpapers/down_urban_mobilty.html

Can't get it to come up exactly, but if you click on this link, then click on "Product Information" on the left side of the screen, then "Urban Mobility", then you will have the icon to click on for the flyer, or product catalog, lists a lot of new stuff I didn't know about.

Last edited:
Fuel economy

I just got home from the gas station and a fill up of mid grade (89 octane). The fuel light came on as scheduled at 13 litres. As for the economy and take into consideration this is the break in time I got 46 miles to the gallon (American) or 56 miles to the gallon Canadian which is 19 km per litres. I would suspect that the economy will increase as the miles go on and the riding gets more consistent. As I also found the onboard computer has not been accurate as it has been telling me that my economy has been much better.
Jeff

Today: Just sat on the first C650GT to arrive at Eurocycles, as they were still putting it together. Very cool. Looks even better in person, great ergos, well-optioned, should be an awesome ride!

Did your dealer give you an estimate of when the scooters would arrive?

Checked out one on display at my dealer yesterday.

Kind of cute, kind of strange to see centerstand really close to rear wheel and then ~80% of the length of the vehicle in front of that. Heated handgrips and heated seats on that one. Didn't like the matte blue paint, color fine, matte not.

Checked out one on display at my dealer yesterday.

Kind of cute, kind of strange to see centerstand really close to rear wheel and then ~80% of the length of the vehicle in front of that. Heated handgrips and heated seats on that one. Didn't like the matte blue paint, color fine, matte not.

You were looking at the sport model, on my C650 GT it is easy to set on the center stand

Unless it was that dark sapphire blue, more black than blue. Not sure if the C600S comes with heated grips and seat.
I am wondering if any of the C650GTs will NOT have Highline (heated grips and seat, LED daytime running light, etc)

The heated stuff were options. Never said it was hard to put on centerstand, said it looked funny. The paint was not black/blue, just blue. It was the 600, i.e. no storage.

Whataya think?

DSCN0581-L.jpg

DSCN0584-L.jpg

DSCN0582-L.jpg

Countryside received two GT's. They both sold in a day.
First impression? Super low CG.

Facebook

Last edited:
Back