• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

It's BMW Scooter Time!

The BMW top case liner is pretty nice actually. But I tend to use the underseat storage for bigger & heavier things - it will hold my 17" MacBook pro along with a jacket, etc. without difficulty.

there is also a google + community with 75+ members that puts out info as well. It has been slow as well. for myself, I have been to busy and out of town alot. I will be posting on my dyno results and several other items soon on a sport model. either it will pickup with the weather, or less with the weather, depending on how much people get out and ride. I just pushed past 600 today.

A bad day on the scooter is still better than the best day at work (i wish). So today I go to Costco like I seem to do at least once a week, put my helmet under the seat where it belongs. I go into Costco do my shopping (bought 4 items) come back out to the scooter open the seat take the helmet out and put my items in. Put my helmet on "oh crap where are my keys" man am I stupid. Call road side assistance yes they will pick me up and take me to the nearest dealer, no good what will they do they do not have a key and my home is closer. They won't take me home as bmw would not cover that. Got lucky called a friend and by coincidence she was driving by. She picks me up and takes me home. Oh crap garage door opener is on my bike key ring. Oh crap key pad on garage door frame never gets used and the battery appears to be dead, I am locked out of the house. Man am I stupid. My friend takes me back to her house so I am not out in the cold. My friend takes me back to my house at 5pm at the time my girlfriend comes home. My scooter was at Costco for a total 4 hours. Man am I stupid.
I guess I have to laugh at myself because you are laughing at me (oh crap)
Lesson learned do not take key out of ignition when opening seat.

So I have had my scooter for 11 months now and 10 months ago I locked my key under the seat (man was I stupid) I almost locked the key under the seat about a month ago again. I went to the Finger Lakes rally (I had the only scooter) and took my spare key with me on a lanyard (just like we did as kids in elementary school). When I got home from the rally I went to the dealer and ordered another spare key and I found a hole in the frame, put a key ring in it and put the key on it. Using a bread tie in another hole about an inch away I tied the key in place so it would not rattle around. Man am I smart.

I now have 3 keys, one in the safe at home one under the the bike and one on my everyday key ring

Wind deflectors are what BMW calls the crash guards for the front plastic on the 600/650 around $200 dollars, they covered the zero speed tip over my bride experienced on her 650 nicely. Can see where locking key in seat could be a big problem. Taped a key under the front end held in with a zip tie!
Oil wicking may not be the culprit as that is a vent at the 12 o'clock position, heat/expansion could be forcing some gear oil out?

Back