• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No More Complaints

My wife has a Toyota Rav4, the rear blade replacement is like a Chinese knot. :mad

Be glad that that's what you have to put up with. A couple of years ago I realised a dream I'd had since childhood and bought myself a Lotus Esprit.

Just changing a belt can be a fairly involved job, since the belts are down the front of the engine, right behind the rear wall of the cockpit. Getting to the belts generally means that most of the stuff on the outside of the engine needs to be removed just to clear a path, and I often need to rig up something to lay on to reach into places like that:

IMG5346-M.jpg

Wrenchin-M.jpg

Valve adjustments are a *MAJOR* pain in the ass, requiring not only all the steps described above but also the removal of the cam-housings from the head:

IMG5343-M.jpg

IMG5344-M.jpg

IMG5345-M.jpg

But it's all worth it on days like this:

24Dec10-013-M.jpg

24Dec10-015-M.jpg

24Dec10-006-M.jpg

BMCD-2012-050-M.jpg

All that said, I'm thinking about getting rid of it and finding myself another R1200GS. :bikes

Back