• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

" Rear Wheel Speed Sensor: Signal implausible" 2009 r1200rt

The necro-thread lives!

Highly unlikely you damaged the ABS sensor installing a battery. Have you checked for any physical damage to any wiring in the area of the battery? Do you have a GS-911 or Motoscan app? If not, it's going to be next to impossible to diagnose this issue via a forum.

I was riding in a lot of bugs. I am thinking that I will try cleaning the sensor with alcohol. I was riding today and it only happened once. Went for about 300 miles riding in the mountains of central MT.

I was also told to unhook the battery and then put the battery leads together for about 5 minutes and that will kill all static that is in the computer.

Back