• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Review HF M/C Lift

GKman

Review Harbor Freight M/C Lift

1. No affiliation.
2. I've gotten junk from HF that barely made it home. Perhaps you have too. This thread is about their M/C lift. If you want to discuss or trash other HF or other import products start your own thread and have at it.

Just got the lift from their north Kansas City Store on sale for $419.99. Was packed in a substantial 1/2" plywood crate and required very little assembly. Parts all there and fit. Guess it was just 2 casters and 2 U bolts for tie downs. (Choose the front holes.)

How to ride, roll, push, dangle your feet that won't reach the floor is up to you. I rode it on to the stop, pinched the front wheel some, rocked it back on the center-stand, pinched the front wheel and used tie-downs from the front forks.

Guess it took about 60 light short pumps on the foot petal to get to full height. Seemed sort of easy to wobble but no danger of tipping. After reaching full height a safety bar is inserted through a pair of holes and the lift lowered to take the weight off the jack. Gets pretty stiff then. Height is 27" above the floor in the locked position. Looks like a handy height. A panel is removable under the rear tire.

For the $ I'm satisfied.

Attachments

• Lift1.JPG
    Lift1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 386
I have the same lift and use it all the time. A huge improvement is replacing the chock with the HF ride on chock (about $40 on sale). The one that catches and holds the tire firmly when you ride into it. I don't even bother to strap it down with this chock. You can remove the chock easily for those times you are removing the front wheel.

This is the best pic I could dig up:

018headon.jpg

I have the same one and use it frequently.
Great lift for the money!

I realize it was on sale, but evidently you weren't aware of a current coupon for $299.99 for that lift.
I'd take the coupon in and try to get the difference refunded. Just sayin...

For the money a good lift

Sure there are much better lifts, but not near the cost of the Harbor Freight lifts. It worked fine for both my BMW, son's KLR, and a few other bikes.

With a little effort, I can store on end. Drilled a couple of holes through the deck and lower frame and insert a couple of 1/2" x 4" bolts. Otherwise about half way to vertical it starts to open up like a lawn chair (a 400# lawn chair) and wants to dance.

Attachments

• Lift4.JPG
    Lift4.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 376
Like it was stated, you can find a coupon for 299 its in the back of some magazine.
What i did before i bought mine was i called them up (HF) when i seen the coupon being sold on ebay. they then gave me the list of different motorcycle mags you can find it in.

So far i really like the lift. But there already has been days i wish it was air. But its not that bad esp for the money. I did change one thing on the lift. i do NOT like the wheel chock that is on the lift. i changed it out with item #96349 from HF. Just unbolt the junk chock. drill out new holes and place the upgraded chock in place. I dont like the chance of all that weight only hanging by 8 square in. off my rim. was only 40$ more

I would still recommend the wheel chock I pictured (HF #97841) because the supports are easily removed for when you want to remove the front wheel. So you don't have to have the chock there when not needed.

Back