• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Heat Shields '89 K100RS

tntimbo

I am looking for some heat shields for a late 89) k100RS.

A fellow from TN made some several years ago that worked well. He sold them under the name "Brushy Mountain".

Anybody got any idea's?
T

My first idea would be to put the year and model of the bike IN THE TITLE. I did that for you.

Next idea would be put a "things wanted" in the MOA Flea Market section of this forum and on the "marketplace" on ibmwr.org.

Good luck.:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

You are talking about K-Guard heat shields. The guy is Tony Tabat (hope I spelled that right, my notes are not so nice) at 901.314.0143.
He used to charge about $125 for a set.

My first idea would be to put the year and model of the bike IN THE TITLE. I did that for you.

Next idea would be put a "things wanted" in the MOA Flea Market section of this forum and on the "marketplace" on ibmwr.org.

Not sure what this post accomplished other than demonstrate the "power" of our forum police.

My son bought a 89 K100RS a few years ago and quit riding it because of the heat. In talking with him he mentioned it, and I recalled the "Brushy Mountain" heat shields I used on my old 87 K/RS (my first of 13 BMW's I have owned). Could not find Brushy Mountain stuff, so I simply asked the question.
T

Not sure what this post accomplished other than demonstrate the "power" of our forum police.

The suggestion to put the year and model of your bike in the title is for YOUR benefit as well as for the other people who use this forum. It allows others with the same bike to quickly respond to your specific needs as well as for others in the future, who have the same issue with the same bike, to quickly search for similar threads. It is the policy of this section of the forum. Read:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=46057

My second suggestion to put an ad in the Flea Market and the Marketplace is a valid and effective way of finding the parts you want. I see you chose not to do so.

Posting a parts wanted thread in the forum is against the Posting Guidelines. I chose to
let info flow your way as long as it didn't develop further. Read:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_postingguidelines

As far as the "demonstrating the power" comment, we have guidelines for this forum (unlike some others) that were not written by us (the moderators). We are volunteers that are here to make sure things run smoothly. If you do not care for the Guidelines, you are free to use other forums. If you value the info that is available here, we just ask that you follow the Guidelines. Simple. No power trip. :dunno

:dance:dance:dance

Back