• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Scooter

On The Road Again
I know this is way off subject for this forum, but is there a forum that address the new scooters? It is my understanding that they have been introduced in europe, and will soon be in North America.
Thank you for your indulgance.

Indeed it is WAY OT.. so it's heading over to Motorrad - for discussion of all things BMW motorcycle related.

Hang on, and please keep your hands and feet inside the posting for your safety and protection! Wait for the post to come to a complete stop before replying.. :)

Indeed it is WAY OT.. so it's heading over to Motorrad - for discussion of all things BMW motorcycle related.

Hang on, and please keep your hands and feet inside the posting for your safety and protection! Wait for the post to come to a complete stop before replying.. :)

Seat back and tray table up too,please, and power off all electronics...:banghead

And they were supposed to be available in the U.S. this past April but in final testing the chain final drive was stretching so BMW held them up until they could make a couple of fixes. I think October is now the target start date.

And they were supposed to be available in the U.S. this past April but in final testing the chain final drive was stretching so BMW held them up until they could make a couple of fixes. I think October is now the target start date.

See... Shaft drive is the way to go in the first place. Chains... yucch !

Scooter prices
9550 for C650
9950 for GT
These are base prices in US
And do not include shipping 450
Nor high end options
Dealer. Long Beach indicates a total of 1000 coming to US 250 C models and 750 GT
Models

Scooters and not motorcycles and have no place in this forum or in the BMWMOA period. Just as Mini's are not BMW's and have no place in the BMWCCA, etc.

I'm sure the scooters will get prime coverage in BMW ON, though.

Scooters and not motorcycles and have no place in this forum or in the BMWMOA period. .

I consider scooters motorcycles. In most states if the engine is more than 50cc you need a motorcycle license to operate one on the street.
I'd like to see a forum on this site for the new BMW scooters.

Scooters and not motorcycles and have no place in this forum or in the BMWMOA period. Just as Mini's are not BMW's and have no place in the BMWCCA, etc.

Not sure what rationality you are using to have this opinion. It's an opinion and you are entitled to it, but curious as to why?

2 wheels, check
BMW roundel on it, check
Made in Germany, check
ROTAX engine just like the F series, grudgingly check
I don't see tha problem, even if it was a 50cc I don't see the problem.

I'd like to see a forum on this site for the new BMW scooters.

Recommended to Vince and got a reply back that it's a great idea, and I volunteered to be the moderator. Not sure if he takes me up on the offer, I've moderated on other sites before and been an MOA member off and on for 25 yrs.

Gilly

I take it you NEVER wave at a scooter rider either, right? :wave

Count me in

I think a scooter forum is a great idea. I put a lot of miles on a Honda Silverwing (600cc) scooter, and it performed quite well in ALL conditions... touring, twisties, and general running around. It will out drag most Harley's (don't ask).

IMO, it is a full fleged motorcycle in all respects except in some people's minds. With the economy and fuel prices, they are comming, whether some like it or not. We might as well be ready. :thumb

Unlike your BMW/MINI analogy, the C650/600 are BMWs. We aren't suggesting we add a Husqvarna forum.

The days of Mods and Rockers, scooterists and bikers rumbling at the seaside are over. I think we can all get along now.

The days of Mods and Rockers, scooterists and bikers rumbling at the seaside are over. I think we can all get along now.

The he*# you say.

We are the mods.
We are the mods.
We are
WE are
We are the mods!

And for what reason are they not motorcycles?

600cc 0-60 in what 5.0 seconds, 100+ top end,luggage capacity,...sounds motorcycle[ly] too me.

And by your analogy since BMW bought the Mini name, their not Minis's ...then I guess since Audi bought Ducati. a Ducati is not a Ducati ? Is Ferrari just an overblown Fiat??

And, keep in mind the BMWMOA isn't the BMWMOA...just the MOA!

Unlike your BMW/MINI analogy, the C650/600 are BMWs. We aren't suggesting we add a Husqvarna forum.

Totally agree with the idea that C650/600 scoots are BMWs and can reasonably be included in the forum.

I have wondered for some time why Husqvarna is has not been received in a friendlier way around here. Husqvarna is a wholly owned portion of BMW Motorrad. It has been fully integrated into its financial reporting and production account totals. As part of the integration the G450 was migrated to the Red line. The Blue and Red lines of BMW Motorrad share more and more components and development; the Nuda 900 is a development of the F series twin for example.

It can be legitimately argued in either direction; however, as the lines become integrated it seems a bit odd to ignore a potential membership base and more bikes to talk about.

As always YMMV (Red Line or Blue Line purist)

Back