• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

website update list??

Hey, hey, now....

Don't forget Joe Senner.

Also, over the past many years, I've worked as an agency with a number of divisions of Turner Broadcasting. (Cartoon Network is by far the funnest!) It was interesting to watch CNNs TV reporters and editors to learn how to be web reporters and editors... our media editor is going to be a special person. I hope we can attract a quality one.

Also over the past many years, I've done Information Architecture before the function had a name. Nice to finally get recognition. ;) IA plays a very interesting part in developing and maintaining a quality web presence. Here's a good job description. A good friend of mine said this about IA: it's hard to describe exactly what they do, but get rid of them and you're screwed.

One element I don't see in this whole movement is a visual professional(s). There are major difference between design requirements across media (ie: print, video, interactive) and I'm curious as to the plans for art direction, graphic design and production as part of our media journey?

Ian

Visian said:
One element I don't see in this whole movement is a visual professional(s). There are major difference between design requirements across media (ie: print, video, interactive) and I'm curious as to the plans for art direction, graphic design and production as part of our media journey?

Ian

Ian,

We already have a high quality visual professional currently working as Art Director for the Owners News. As the website and the ON are going to complement each other and Micheal is doing such a good job why would we want to hire a seperate art person for the website?

I believe that with a good IA and our proven artistic talent we should be well covered.

Best,

Rob Nye

Visian said:
I see.

All too clearly.

Ian

:stick

While there will always be some level of discussion over the particulars of how we should proceed, let's not overlook the fact that we are moving ahead very much in the right direction and should soon be able to offer all of us a better membership experience. As we all know, the members are the strength of this organization. Through the expansion of the web site and services, we will better be able utilize this strength, this great reserve of knowledge and experience. Already with the growth of the forum, we've seen new communities and new friendships born. Now imagine what would happen if we made the rest of the site as dynamic as the forum. Looking for tech articles? we have them. Looking for the latest rally? got it. Want to put together a track day? here's the place. We can make this site THE place to go for BMW riders looking for information and community on-line.

As with anything born of an evolving committee, it's easy to point fingers. I'm as big a fan as anyone of bitching, "This should have happened years ago!" but it doesn't do a thing for today. Today, we've got a clear direction and a clear mandate. Rather than fussing over the past, lets take that energy and put it towards what we know needs to happen. At the least, lets all go for some nice long rides and put together some stellar trip reports. As Rob mentions, content will be needed. :D

My apologies if this seems like a post calling for a group hug. Simply put, we're making significant strides in the right direction. Let's not get hung up on yesterday's hurdles.

If I can find my tools, I'm going to go adjust the valves on my GS. For those of you who've never done it before, its easy. Just remember that the only way to ensure that you've done them right is to dance through some corners, intake howling, speed unknown, smelling the roses as the pegs caress the pavement. (your intake can howl as well)
:wow

.... besides Scott... you've done a zillion web projects.... you know that the group hug comes AFTER all the fingerpointin' about the budget overrun. NOT while you're bitchin' about how the job's supposed to be done!

:rofl

Ian

Visian said:
.... besides Scott... you've done a zillion web projects.... you know that the group hug comes AFTER all the fingerpointin' about the budget overrun. NOT while you're bitchin' about how the job's supposed to be done!

:rofl

Ian

:lol3

So very true. And remember to point the fingers at the little folks doing the actual work, not those making the decisions (or lack thereof).

knary said:
If I can find my tools, I'm going to go adjust the valves on my GS. For those of you who've never done it before, its easy. Just remember that the only way to ensure that you've done them right is to dance through some corners, intake howling, speed unknown, smelling the roses as the pegs caress the pavement. (your intake can howl as well)
:wow

So how about snapping some photos and stuff and posting it up for us who haven't done it yet?
:stick Maybe some protected content?

BradfordBenn said:
So how about snapping some photos and stuff and posting it up for us who haven't done it yet?
:stick Maybe some protected content?

Too late. The definitive OVAD is here. (That would be: Oilhead Valve Adjustment for Dummies.) Nice job JJ.

Ian

Visian said:
Too late. The definitive OVAD is here. (That would be: Oilhead Valve Adjustment for Dummies.) Nice job JJ.

Ian

Got it, read it, printed it out, still scared.... plus since we don't have the copyright for it well you can follow thta logic.

BradfordBenn said:
Got it, read it, printed it out, still scared.... plus since we don't have the copyright for it well you can follow thta logic.

Well young man, come solstace time, you will no longer be scared.

Back