• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

clutch problem.

REDdogleader63

Hello, I have a clutch situation on a 2007 K1200GT. 20k miles and the clutch is engaging when you start the MC in gear. One dealer says I need a new clutch and another informed me it could be a toque problem.

Does anyone have/had a problem with this or any information.

Kevin- South Carolina

Last edited:
Sorry your first post had to be about a clutch problem. I cannot help with that, but welcome to the club. I'm sure that someone that can help will jump in soon. Good luck.

It sounds like a problem wiwth the hydraulics to me. If there is air in the system or if there is a problem with either the master or slave cylinders it won't move the clutch far enough to fully release. I'd check that first.

Ok so last night I decided to take the reservoir cap on the clutch off...( it was full to the top.. Blue in color) and as I eased it in I did get airbubbles ....then I tied the handle to the grip and let it sit overnight...

OK now the questions.

Should I leave the handle in and put the cover back on! or let it out, then put the cover back on ...

also ...in bleeding the brakes .....On top top( right side of MC where the cable/line runs into).. it is just an allen screw and not a bleedable ( grease zerk like fitting)..I was told to bleed it from the bottom but I didn't find a fitting to open.

Kevin-

Back