• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1200 Radio reception

K

Ken Long

I have a 2002 K1200LT. The radio reception is terrible at best. Almost no AM and the FM is extremely weak. The dealer has replaced most of the antenna assembly with little change. They also checked outher bikes and found about the same lack of performance. Can anyone shed any light on this problem?
Thanks

reception

Usually the problem is in the antenna assembly, but entire radios have gone bad also. The later problem is rare. I have an 02 with 12k on it with no problems whatsoever. You might want the dealer to check the radio connections and coat them with dielectric grease. That has proven to help out in some cases. Arte you a member of k1200lt.net? There is a wealth of info on that board, check it out.

Regards,
john T.

What John Said!!!

However, in my case, it was a connection issue in the antenna. If you remove the plastic cover and loosen the nut, you can ensure that the antenna is making contact with the spring inside the antenna base.

Back