• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help with 2012 RT with BMW radio and Sena SMH10 BT

D

dasadab

Love my new RT with the Radio pack. I am not sure I paired things correctly because I get weird feed back loop distortion when I try and speak with my wife on her intercom. We both have iphon 4s. I am guessing I am paring something incorrectly. I just paired my Sena to the bike as "rider 1" (I didn't try and pair my wife's Sena as Rider 2 'cause I know that will only work with BMW BT system). Should I BT pair my iphone to the Bike's system via BT or just plug the iphone into the iphone connector in the right glove box? I have the BMW connector. That way I would not have a BT connection at all with my iphone? Right now I do have such a connection. Maybe that is what is causing me to have crappy feedback and sound with the intercom.

Anyway, for all of you Sena, iphone, BMW radio users out there, is there a correct way to set things up.

I also noted that the Sena software/firmware update menu has a setting specific to the BMR 1600. Does this have any applicability with the RT BT system. Seems like they would be the same. Thanks. Dean

Thanks. But, never mind. I have a defective unit. I swapped out my unit for my wife's and her's works great. My unit, regardless of helmet, gives weird buzzy feedback when talking on intercom. I even installed a prior firmware, still no joy. Bad unit.

Back