• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Northern MI BMW club

dthogey

I know that there is a previous thread, I posted on it with no response. I emailed Wayne and the email got shot back to me.

I'm starting a new thread to find out if there is any interest in getting a BMW club going up here in Northern MI.

I would really like to get one going.

David

email= dthogey@aol.com
cell = 231-357-3416

I don't know why your e-mail got bumped back but here it is again, it has not changed.

wkoppa@hotmail.com
cell 989-370-57575

I volunteered to collect the contact information for Northern Michigan OA riders so they could communicate for rides and to get together.

I think you have a copy of what I have. If you don't please contact me and I will send you a copy.

If you want to take this to the next level you (or anyone) should call the group together, identify the club requirements from BMW OA and those other functions you would want or need such as newsletter, treasurer, calendar of meetings and/or activities and then see who is willing to do those individual pieces of work.

I volunteered to do what I am doing because that is what I have the capacity to do. Other commitments on my part limit the time I have available but the collecting and distributing of OA riders names is workable.

This fall I am still busy cleaning up on responsibilities that I have for clubs that I belong that include a 100 mile bicycle tour and a 12 mile ORV trail that I have sole responsibility for clearing, trimming and maintenance of signage (Lansing Motorcycle Club). 12 miles didn't seem that long before I got into this.

If anyone wants to pull the trigger on this they can. Anything I can do other that what I am doing now would be pretty marginal. If you want to talk about it we could meet possibly at the trail head at exit 201 of M-127. Bring a saw.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
71449 Life

David
I think it takes more activity.
I think it would help if you fill out your profile to include your location. Then post more so people get to see you more.
The riders are there, it just takes some events to get them to come out and attend.
And not all can attend all events.
It helps to reach also to more than one type of bike, or one group.
Here in Los Angeles we have had organized lunch rides where the leader and I are the only show ups.
And other rides where 10 or 20 people come out, many uninvited, on short notice.
But looking at 5 or 10 different groups, there is a ride almost all the time, whenever I am available to ride.
Or I can ride alone and end up meeting people.
dc

I don't know why your e-mail got bumped back but here it is again, it has not changed.

wkoppa@hotmail.com
cell 989-370-57575

I volunteered to collect the contact information for Northern Michigan OA riders so they could communicate for rides and to get together.

I think you have a copy of what I have. If you don't please contact me and I will send you a copy.

If you want to take this to the next level you (or anyone) should call the group together, identify the club requirements from BMW OA and those other functions you would want or need such as newsletter, treasurer, calendar of meetings and/or activities and then see who is willing to do those individual pieces of work.

I volunteered to do what I am doing because that is what I have the capacity to do. Other commitments on my part limit the time I have available but the collecting and distributing of OA riders names is workable.

This fall I am still busy cleaning up on responsibilities that I have for clubs that I belong that include a 100 mile bicycle tour and a 12 mile ORV trail that I have sole responsibility for clearing, trimming and maintenance of signage (Lansing Motorcycle Club). 12 miles didn't seem that long before I got into this.

If anyone wants to pull the trigger on this they can. Anything I can do other that what I am doing now would be pretty marginal. If you want to talk about it we could meet possibly at the trail head at exit 201 of M-127. Bring a saw.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
71449 Life

Wow, It seems like a lot of work to get a club together. The only thing I know about them is that they exist. I met some guys this summer that are part of a BMW club up in the Upper Peninsula. That is what really got me interested again in a club. I have a family and a full time job so I am busy just as you are.

It seems that I let my interest overshadow the work and responsibility necessary for this undertaking. I did not do any research at all and quite frankly the interest level necessary doesn't seem to be there.

Maybe we should try some more RTE's and see what could build from there.

Thank you for the response.

David

BMW owners in Northern Michigan

I live in Charlevoix and ride a 2015 GS my wife has a F650gs we are members of small club up here called the Little Traverse Touring Club . There are serveral other members who own BMW in the club . We do have a face book page you can check out. A BMW club could be an interesting project

It doesn't have to be a formal club unless you want the pins, patches, badges and headaches. Here in the mountains of central ID, we have an informal group, the Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders, probably twenty riders or so. Basically it's a list of local BMW riders and their contact info. If we meet a rider new to our area, we invite them to share their contact info. If an event or activity comes up, we canvass the group to see if anyone wants to join us. No dues, no fees, no membership cards. Just a means of networking with folks of a common interest. Sometimes someone throws out a suggestion to get together for dinner or a ride. Other times we'll gather up and travel to a rally together. We've made several nationals as well as other local rallies from CA to MT. We've ridden together for twenty years or more. Good luck getting together. I'll be passing through that country in late June to visit family in Manistee. Take care and ride easy.
gp

Thirty years ago when we formed the Heartland Riders club in Topeka, Kansas we set it up with a BMW MOA charter and bylaws making it a very informal club. For example what might be called the president was titled the Poobah, and what might be called a vice president was the Subpoobah for Vice. Oh, and the Exchequer and the Scribe. You get the picture.

The bylaws called for only one business meeting a year - in November. The purpose was to schedule one riding event each month and to identify the member responsible for organizing the event. The other annual event was the yearly holiday party. So we had a New Year's Day Ride, Valentines Day Ride, St. Patrick's Day Ride, April Fools Day, Mother's Day, etc.

It worked, and never did become a debating society like the Kansas City club back then.

TC Beemer Rider

I live in Charlevoix and ride a 2015 GS my wife has a F650gs we are members of small club up here called the Little Traverse Touring Club . There are serveral other members who own BMW in the club . We do have a face book page you can check out. A BMW club could be an interesting project

Greetings -
I’m in Traverse City & ride a 2002 R1150RT - Been riding a BMW for @ 40 years but will be 70 next month & riding a bit less but still out there - Only club I’m in is the BMWMOA - My long-time riding buddy (Ludington) & I were planning a Banff/Jasper trip in June but the Coronavirus probably put that to rest -
Let me know @ any rides in northern MI coming up -
Thanks
Jake Morse
231 878-6401

Greetings -
I’m in Traverse City & ride a 2002 R1150RT - Been riding a BMW for @ 40 years but will be 70 next month & riding a bit less but still out there - Only club I’m in is the BMWMOA - My long-time riding buddy (Ludington) & I were planning a Banff/Jasper trip in June but the Coronavirus probably put that to rest -
Let me know @ any rides in northern MI coming up -
Thanks
Jake Morse
231 878-6401

Hello
We were looking into riding out to MOA rally in Great Falls this June but like you it may be put on hold for now. We also have a trip to Athen Ohio to ride the Hocking Hill . A 4 day round trip in frist weekend in June with an optional adventure ride on Sunday. Which also may not happen.in August we have a 2 day trip to WaWa Canada we call it WaWa for dinner ride. In September a few of us are looking into the RA rally in Virginia. We also do a fall M22 color tour sometime depending on weather. All depends on what happens with virus.
We lived in SuttonBay for 8 years in the 1986 1994. We were doing a lot Sailboat racing out of the GTYC. Anyway maybe we hook up for lunch sometime.
Bill Seaman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello
We were looking into riding out to MOA rally in Great Falls this June but like you it may be put on hold for now. We also have a trip to Athen Ohio to ride the Hocking Hill . A 4 day round trip in frist weekend in June with an optional adventure ride on Sunday. Which also may not happen.in August we have a 2 day trip to WaWa Canada we call it WaWa for dinner ride. In September a few of us are looking into the RA rally in Virginia. We also do a fall M22 color tour sometime depending on weather. All depends on what happens with virus.
We lived in SuttonBay for 8 years in the 1986 1994. We were doing a lot Sailboat racing out of the GTYC. Anyway maybe we hook up for lunch sometime.
Bill Seaman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might ride to town in April or May.

Hi,
I am located near Lake City and usually make it up your way a few times each summer. I think my wife has started to follow your group on facebook.
We have made plans for Rally in Great Falls and several national parks in June but like you, we will have to see what the future holds .

Bill

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back