• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200GS fitting replacement foot pegs

ianwalberg

Just about to replace my foot pegs on my R1200GS Rallye 2012.

I cannot get the bolt out on the gear change side.

Do I just need to jiggle it a bit more or does the gear change leaver need to come off?

Thanks

Mark and remove gear selector, when replacing you may want to rotate it counter clockwise a notch to match up with lower pegs

On some bikes (my '05 for example) the shaft is marked and the slot in the lever is supposed to line up with the mark. There is supposedly a warning that says you shouldn't mis-align the lever. I don't know why.

Maybe it's like the warning about not running the saddle with the front in the high position and the rear in the low position... :laugh

Back