• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shark Evoline series 2 helmet

St0mP121

Anyone here happen to have a shark Evoline series 2 Not the ST version?
i guess i bought my helmet a year to early. I own a series 2 not ST version and the issue that i have. Is trying to find speakers that will fit inside with out squashing my head. i cant stand ear buds after long use. i have plastic behind ear pads not foam cant cut any away. been cutting pieces of cardboard to the dimensions of some of the speaker units that I been finding. And been fitting them inside from doing this test seams i want to stay under 3/8 of a in. felt tight so around 1/4th in. or below unless somebody knows how to pull this plastic off?
Info if needed
Will be used for blue-tooth for gps and mp3 player maybe helmet to helmet coms down the road.
have did google searchs found edsets.com he stated will not be ready until spring for a good blue-tooth unit that will fit in this thing. so far this guy over at edsets has been very helpfull he has already responded to all of my e-mails

I have an Evoline2 with an Edsets installed into it (wired for my prior bike). I pulled all the foam out of it and countersunk the ear speakers in with a forstner bit. I used a pencil to compress the foam between the liner and the outer shell to run the boom mic.

It was a pain in the butt to do, but it worked well.

Yeah edsets been helping out a lot but this over all cost from him is killing me 211+55 for him to install +25 for shipping = 291 and that's not even with blue-tooth (i cant figure out how to slip out the collar and i dont want to pull apart that one part with out having the glue and everything ready. for 299 i can buy a evoline series 2 ST. Can get a cheap vaga helmet with speakers and blue-tooth for 170 really hard to justify that 291 with no blue-tooth. I realize though I will still have to buy a unit to go into the new shark helmet i seen a range of options that will fit in the st from simple speakers that will only be 40 for a ok set to a scala rider for 160 or even the sharktooth for 220. so its really hard to justify that 291. the bigest push i have to tell me to get everything is the fact i dont want to have a 400$ helmet sit on a shelf to expire on. used helmets sell for crap from what i seen. ill keep my evoline i'll take a 50% loss on it and take 200 for it but i think i would have a really hard time offing this thing. about to trash the entire project idea

Back