• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Original Grip Buddies recommendation

Hammam

Sorry if this has been said before, but allow me to recommend the Original Grip Buddies:

http://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com ??

I've a had a few imitations before these, but these are the real thing, and the others pale in comparison. The Grip Buddies are well made, they are very easy to install, and they work very well. Hands and fingers are more relaxed due to the lighter pressure needed to hold the grips, and the bigger diameter, especially on the throttle side, of course. They dampen vibrations, and they are overall soft and sweet to the hands. Give them a try. And the service is A+. No, I have no vested interest in the company

Sorry if this has been said before, but allow me to recommend the Original Grip Buddies:

http://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com ??

I've a had a few imitations before these, but these are the real thing, and the others pale in comparison. The Grip Buddies are well made, they are very easy to install, and they work very well. Hands and fingers are more relaxed due to the lighter pressure needed to hold the grips, and the bigger diameter, especially on the throttle side, of course. They dampen vibrations, and they are overall soft and sweet to the hands. Give them a try. And the service is A+. No, I have no vested interest in the company

I would like a set of these but I suppose it would make the heated grips ineffective?

I like the fact that the adhesive sticks the "buddy" to the grip, but don't have anything nice to say about velcro. Still, these should work far better than the similar grip covers I've used that don't have the adhesive.

The thick grip puppies I got from CA Sport Touring fit me better since I have big hands.

I pulled the trigger on a set today. Lots of recommendation on advrider forums indicating they work quite well with heated grips. I'm doing an overlay over well worn stock grips and don't care to shell out for marginal new grips when they need something else for my big mitts anyway.

Grip Buddies

I got a pair of these early in the season this year and I like them very much. They cut down on the motorcycle vibration and are much easier to grip because they make my grips bigger and more cushioned. The heated grips work fine with these on and as was mentioned earlier it just takes a little longer for them to heat up, but not much. I would recommend these to anyone looking to be more comfortable on longer distance rides.

I put a pair on in June and I have to say that I really like them! I didn't even use the stick tape, just pulled them tight and velcroed them on, haven't moved a bit and are so much more comfortable!

I put a pair on in June and I have to say that I really like them! I didn't even use the stick tape, just pulled them tight and velcroed them on, haven't moved a bit and are so much more comfortable!

They will start moving on you. The adhesive is what makes this particular design stand out.

I got a pair but they kept breaking loose. I then got the solid tubes and they have been great. Heat comes thru a little slower.

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

'07 R12RT
'08 R12GS

A few 250's

I have a question. I like the neoprenes material but don't want a seam. Is there a solid tube version that is made of neoprene or is ony foam available?

I have a question. I like the neoprenes material but don't want a seam. Is there a solid tube version that is made of neoprene or is ony foam available?

Grip Puppies are the foam ones. I loked and never found a neoprene tube type.
Had a set of the foam ones for a short while. Cut them off and threw them away.
Didn't like them for several reasons.

On the Beemer Buddies, you put the seam on the bottom past your finger tips.
This is my second year on them and love them.

Got em

I pulled the trigger on a set today. Lots of recommendation on advrider forums indicating they work quite well with heated grips. I'm doing an overlay over well worn stock grips and don't care to shell out for marginal new grips when they need something else for my big mitts anyway.

Came in mail today. Amazingly easy install and good feel. Good option for repairing a split throttle grip. More to come with some miles.

Mine are in the mail. Looking for a little releif from the right grip buzzing. It got much better when I added heavier bar end weights.

Back