• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

C650gt

From past experience taking delivery on a new model year in this area, November - ish, I'm ta thinkin'.
Long Beach might see them sooner or later not sure of the POE, isn't it generally somewhere in Va?
Shall we start a pool?

I got a killer deal on a 2012 Suzuki Burgman from my local dealer friend.
Took a 50 mile test ride on a used one he has . Smooth as glass at 90mph ( way faster than I usually ride) handled like a sport bike in the twisties, stops on a dime.:thumb

If the more expensive BMW is all they claim and does not fall on it's arse being ridden by the masses ( the true test period of any new product) it should sell well in the segment it is designed for.

Since i can no longer manipulate the clutch on my BMW R80 , ( have not ridden in 6--8 weeks now) It just hurts too much in my hand and arm and is not worth the aggravation.

Put a deposit on the new Burgman, picking it up on Tuesday

BMW will be up for sale shortly.

What's up with the clutch hand? Is it permanent?

Left elbow started hurting a lot , got progressively worse , hurt a lot to squeeze the clutch. Started talking and seeing my family doctor about it.

Two different doctors looked at the problem, sent me to a sports medicine guy , no help there.
Went to an acupuncture clinic for two visits, got some relief .
Add in a bit of arthritis and you get the picture.

Still cannot fully extend my arm or bend it without a lot of discomfort. Using the clutch just aggravates the problem.:banghead

Want to stay on two wheels for a bit yet, so my best option was something with a CVT.

Supposed to pick my Burgman today ( between rain showers):dance

All the BMW's arrive on the east coast, clear customs and then motor freighted to their final destination, suspect their is a common release date in the US
Been told it's the end of October just in time for Halloween

Left elbow started hurting a lot , got progressively worse , hurt a lot to squeeze the clutch. Started talking and seeing my family doctor about it.

Two different doctors looked at the problem, sent me to a sports medicine guy , no help there.
Went to an acupuncture clinic for two visits, got some relief .
Add in a bit of arthritis and you get the picture.

Still cannot fully extend my arm or bend it without a lot of discomfort. Using the clutch just aggravates the problem.:banghead

Want to stay on two wheels for a bit yet, so my best option was something with a CVT.

Supposed to pick my Burgman today ( between rain showers):dance

Tennis elbow. I have it too. I took anti inflammatories, indomethicin in my case (some can't tolerate it, but for some weird reason I can handle it while supposedly less strong meds like Feldine bother my stomach). I also used a very tight strap on my forearm and that seems to buy me the comfort I need to ride. After a period of a couple of years the pain abated completely, though I can rile it up with certain repetitive motions. Your riding days are not over. Use heat followed by ice packs and were it me, I would continue with the accupuncture. I would also see about anti-inflammatories. If nothing else, you can take ibuprophen. The over the counter tablet is 200 mg. A theraputic dose would be 800 - 1000 mg three times per day. Ibuprophen takes time to build up and do it's thing. I did this on my own, the strap and ibuprophen, for over a year and managed to alleviate the pain. Ask your doctor for his or her opinion.

Price release

I've yet to hear the price tag on this new scooter! I just must wait also, for road trip reports and many miles in the real world from those with money to burn. From pics, its very well done in the looks dept... A sealed oil bath drive chain has to be "sold to me", as I am a non believer in that so far. Sceptic, I guess. I too am a self service kind a guy and my last burried engine was my KLT1200. Took half the day to get to the engine for service and a really burried air filter, under the tank. Hope scooters are easier or the BMW shops will love the labor bucks shelled out by owners. PLEASE let this new bike be a winner and well thought out. Randy:thumb

The price is (drum roll) $9990 for the gt and $9590 for the sport plus $495 for shipping and is now on sale at www.hapscycle.com/homead1.htm in Florida. This is only $100 more than the Bergman executive. I wish I lived in the states

Last edited:
Back