• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help, Camp Chair seen @ Sedalia Rally

mosrrt

I am looking for a camp chair seen at the MOA Sedalia Rally sold by a vendor. They were selling like hot cakes. It came in a blue bag about 12" x 3". I think the vendor selling them was set up inside and the bags were on a rack in front of his display.
Mike

I am eyeing up the Alite Mantis chair...more expensive, but comes with 4 legs instead of 2 and so I don't have to worry about rocking or teetering off it, especially after a few libations!!

I spent some time in this chair at the rally, very comfortable.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/45611662" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

I think that is the chair ! Which vendor had it ?
Mike

If you don't have any luck finding the vendor, you can order one from REI or Amazon.
The chair with four legs packs to 17x5x5 and the chair with two legs pack to 13x4x4.
Here's the four leg chair.
315GgDsz7wL._AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Alite-Designs-Inc-MANTIS-P-Mantis/dp/B0085SDCZE

If I could even get into this chair, I'd NEVER be able to get out. The Kermit with leg extensions is bad enough -- **I** need leg extensions, or at least new knees.

Me too

If I could even get into this chair, I'd NEVER be able to get out. The Kermit with leg extensions is bad enough -- **I** need leg extensions, or at least new knees.

I have developed a plan on chairs. I go to the nearest store and buy a cheap chair, typically $10 or less. I use it, then leave it at the campsite for the next camper who might need a chair. I am sure I could have bought several Kermit chairs for what I have spent doing that; but I have become a slave to customs.

That's my plan too!

Nothing to carry on my bike until I need it.

Sometimes tough to find in RED, though.

While Paul's Kermit chair just keeps on keeping on :wow

Voni
sMiling

Full Throttle Camping was selling at Sedalia and ran out. Great Chair I bought one. Gits in my pannier when traveling light. But I still use my Kermit chair when packing for the long haul.

Just to make this a little more complicated, here is a similar chair that sits a little higher, packs a little smaller, holds a little more weight, and costs a little less. Its called the The Helinox Chair, you can get it at Campsaver.com, plus, if you subscribe to their newsletter they will give you 20% off and free shipping.

Bill

Just to make this a little more complicated, here is a similar chair that sits a little higher, packs a little smaller, holds a little more weight, and costs a little less. Its called the The Helinox Chair, you can get it at Campsaver.com, plus, if you subscribe to their newsletter they will give you 20% off and free shipping.

Bill

And one more option :)
51Bg-lMiM2L._AA300_.jpg

Lafuma Micro Chair.
Aluminum legs that don't need to be assembled.
2 Lbs 5 oz.
Folded size is 29"x3.5"
$50

We bought two of these to take to the National.
I would have been temped by the Helinox at $72 if I had known about them.

I am looking for a camp chair seen at the MOA Sedalia Rally sold by a vendor. They were selling like hot cakes. It came in a blue bag about 12" x 3". I think the vendor selling them was set up inside and the bags were on a rack in front of his display.
Mike

Was it the Pico chair?...I have a Kermit, like it, but the Pico looks allot easier to set & use / put away. It migh be a bit bulkier to carry though?

Back