• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 550 - music

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
Hoping someone can help me with my Zumo 550. I've downloaded all my riding music to an SD card and I know it's all on there. However, Zumo is only reading about 75 of the 400 plus songs on there. If I look at the song title list, many are missing yet it will then play those songs in the rotation.

Very frustrating! Do I need to bag it for a new 660?

I have a 550, and don't have any issues with viewing the 450+ mp3s on my 16gb SDHC card. But I know that's not much help for you.

I've found the Zumo forums (http://www.zumoforums.com) to be a good resource for problem solving. In fact, your issue was recently discussed there.

JohnM

Last edited:
It takes a long time for songs to load on the 550 -- up to 20 minutes for the 800 songs I had on mine. Give it the time and then choose "play all".

One of the main reasons I went with the 6xx series and dumped the 550's.

I have a 550, and don't have any issues with viewing the 450+ mp3s on my 16gb SDHC card. But I know that's not much help for you.

I've found the Zumo forums (http://www.zumoforums.com) to be a good resource for problem solving. In fact, your issue was recently discussed there.

JohnM

Wow! Just try registering for their forum. What national secrets are they storing there???

I'm now waiting to be accepted into the fold. Glad I have friends here!

Yes, they are all MP3 but not sure on the single folder. I'll check.

Pretty sure the Zumo reads your music files from one folder. Open your SD card on your computer and make sure some of your music is not hanging outside the folder.

My folder is called MP3 but believe you can call it Audio.

If all the music is in one single folder, it will be very slow to load it all. Works best if the music is in a MP3 folder than broken down into subfolders. Depending on how you are moving/syncing, that may already be happening. It's been a while since I put music on mine 550, but I used Media Monkey. Oh, and there is an absolute limit of 1000 songs on the 550. The 660 and 665 can read more.

Back