• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F700/f800?

Polarbear

Polarbear
Sure seems a close "CC" battle going on here? 700 vs 800, not so far apart in engine! Still quite different in style, however. The 800GS still being quite more dirt oriented, 700GS not too far behind. Still seems the CCs are closeby to one another, only a 10HP difference too. Wonder how/which long one outlives the other? BMW has not done this before, to my knowledge, usually keeping the CC spread a tad further between models. Those smaller GS bikes are very appealing vs my huge GSA1200, which I still love a lot. I am watching closely. Randy:thumb

They are the same displacement engine with only a small HP difference. F650/700/800 are all the same 798cc Rotax engine. BMW has done their best to make the nomenclature of these bikes and the old F650GS single and twin confusing.

Yep, I'm glad they are calling the parallel twin a 700 and 800 now. When they called it a 650 it caused some confusion with the 650 single.

Expect something?

The 800 is a likely candidate for a upscale version to 850cc, although its an engine cylinder change to do so. I knew the 650/800s were same engine, pistons and all, just a computer chip and maybe a tad few other internal things going on there. The smaller new 700 with twin disks is a nice touch, just find trading my 9+gallon GSA gas tank off for a less than 5 g tank hard to swallow? Is the 700 mpg's that much BETTER! I LIKE my GSA 300+ mile range, almost 400miles at times:), but also like the new smaller bikes with good HP and MPGs:(. I am in trouble( look see blues) and a most probable GSA1200'07 rider for some years yet! Randy

This engine appears in the Husqvarna Nuda as a 900. And if I am not mistaken it actually is a 900.

Now then, can you imagine a *serious* Husqvarna dirt bike with this motor... :evil

Back