• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW S1000R 192 MPH on Public Streets

HA! DID SO!

Yeah, I guess I'm old school where you didn't video tape every stupid thing you do in life just to show the world "look at me, look at me!!!"

But I do have that image in my mind of the speedo saying 125, and I thought to myself "that's plenty fast enough for right here, right now, don't push your luck." 4th gear would easily have pushed me past 140. But my risk-fix was satisfied.

I am dreading the post where someone finds this a reason to cancel their membership.

I plan on cancelling my membership over this post...but first I just have to know what oil he is using!!!:whistle

It's fast but...

I think it is probably mph.
That would be a little safer on I-10 in Texas.
It wouldn't take much to turn that in to a disaster that all motorcyclist get tagged with.
Bad ass biker? Take it to the track please!
Robb

I once read in a book by a well-known motorcycle skills/safety expert that anyone can ride a motorcycle fast...it takes real skill to ride one slow.

Riding that fast a night is just about the most dangerous thing I have seen a rider do ever. Too bad the dumbest rider I have seen on Youtube is a BMW rider. I slow down at night since I am worried about animals. I guess there are no animals in this part of the country. Then there are retreads and all the crap at night.

That would be a little safer on I-10 in Texas.

seen worse on YouTube...

I recently encountered about a dozen goats in the median on I-10 near wide open west TX Ozona :eek...makes you rethink Interstate "safety" at 80MPH (LEGAL LIMIT)

I think his speedo is displaying kilometers/hr, not mph. 192 kph=119mph. He's definitely going fast, but it doesn't look to me like he's going 100 mph faster than everything else on the road. He's maybe going 50-60 mph faster than the cars he's passing, so just over 100 mph seems about right. Still foolish though.

I'm late to this party but, as someone who has a sportbike which reads in km/h, I can attest that this speedo is reading in mph. The tell is the rate at which the speedo increases/decreases in relation to the tachometer.

A guy in Canada got arrested for doing 299 km/h as indicated on his speedo. Of course, I'm sure there was some built-in error on his R1 PLUS the speedo will not read over 300.

I saw a queen sized mattress in the passing lane while on my way in to work this week. Still dark out, as I start early. Had I been on the bike, and in the passing lane, doing the legal limit of 65 MPH, who knows what would have happened. At 119 or 192, it would certainly have been death. You just never know for sure what is ahead of you.

Back