• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Half cover suggestions

NI5L

I ride my scooter every day and the sun here in Arizona is pretty tough on things left out in it for very long.

I have been using a cover that I had left over from a previous sport bike and it worked very well as a half cover on my 1100RT, covering the bags and trunk as well as the fairing and seat and fitting nice and snug.

Well, it was a cheap Chinese junk cover and it came apart after a couple of months. So I ordered another cheap Chinese junk cover for the same bike as the previous one and it doesn't fit....at all. Not even close. So I gave it to my son in law for his Buell.

I need a half cover that will cover the bags and trunk but the pictures I see of most half covers only show the trunk being covered. I worry about the bags being exposed to the sun all day 5 days a week.

Can anyone suggest to me a brand of half cover that will fit like I need it to?

E-Z Touring Traveller A
http://www.eztouring.com/traveller.htm

IMG_00016.jpg

P1000062_Large_.JPG

Nelson-Rigg

I've owned a couple of these (for two bikes) for several years, and ALWAYS travel with a cover for the machine(s). They've held up well, and the price is unbeatable. Excellent (simple) fastener system that has kept these on the bike even in VERY high winds that we have in the west. You can always re-treat with Scotchguard if they start to lose waterproofing, which mine have not.

Some of the EXPENSIVE half-covers aren't even waterproof!

Walking Eagle

I swear by the Geeza Gear cover. Very light, packs into a very small pouch. On and off quickly and can be ordered to cover with just side bags or with side bag and top case. Pricey but worth it. I have them for both my RT and my Ducati 999. I have a BMW cover for my R 1200 C and it is way to bulky to pack for travel.

I swear by the Geeza Gear cover. Very light, packs into a very small pouch. On and off quickly and can be ordered to cover with just side bags or with side bag and top case. Pricey but worth it. I have them for both my RT and my Ducati 999. I have a BMW cover for my R 1200 C and it is way to bulky to pack for travel.

The Geza is a really nice cover. I have never owned one but I have been looking at them for quite awhile, just can't get over the cost. Is this a case of you get what you pay for?

What year RT do you have? Which model and size cover did you get? Does this model cover fit with or without the top case?

I presume you had the full BMW cover, is that right?

Scot

The Geza is a really nice cover. I have never owned one but I have been looking at them for quite awhile, just can't get over the cost. Is this a case of you get what you pay for?

What year RT do you have? Which model and size cover did you get? Does this model cover fit with or without the top case?

I presume you had the full BMW cover, is that right?

Scot

Scot: IMHO they are definitely worth the money. You need them for when you travel and a cover that takes a bunch of room (like the full BMW cover for my R1200 C -- plus I hate wrestling with it) makes no sense when space is at a premium. Also if it is damp in the morning when you come out of the motel, they do not absorb water and dry very quickly. I bought the xl for the ' 07RT so it will fit when the top case is on. I do not recall which fabric I have, but recall I based the decision on what would pack the smallest. You can sure spend less, but after having mine for over 3 years I am 100% satisfied.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I ordered a Nelson Rigg XL this evening. I figured I couldn't go too wrong with them since I have one of their 2 piece rain suits that is at least 25 years old and still completely serviceable and waterproof. :thumb

Ought to be much easier than throwing my huge Ultra Guard over the bike each time. :banghead

Thanks for this thread. I don't have a cover, but if I plan to take my bike to work, (teacher) I'll definitely need one. I also like the idea of a half cover.

* Warren-Did you get the full cover, or the half-cover?

Thanks for this thread. I don't have a cover, but if I plan to take my bike to work, (teacher) I'll definitely need one. I also like the idea of a half cover.

* Warren-Did you get the full cover, or the half-cover?

The half cover. I already have a full cover but it is a little cumbersome for daily use. It goes all the way to the dirt in the parking area at work.

We'll see how well the Nelson Rigg cover works and I'll let you know. :thumb

Reviving an old thread...

Just back from a jaunt through Maine and NH on my 2011 RT. What a bike! What a trip! Used my EZ Touring cover every night at motels. One night of a rain shower, other nights with heavy dew. The EZ "Traveller A" worked great. Lightweight, waterproof 1.9 oz ripstop nylon that packs into what seems like an impossibly small stuff sack. This model doesn't cover the panniers with a Givi V46 top box mounted, but covers from the Givi over the windshield and fairing. Dry seat in the morning!

One of the best things about the EZ Touring covers is they are made in the USA by and small mom-and-pop operation. Check 'em out if you are in the market for a quality take-along cover.

pete

Back