• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire recycling Information

brewmeister

Reciently I disposed of 15 old tires and I want to let everyone who may be looking to get rid of old tires about Liberty Tire Recycling ,of Auburndale Wisconsin.I was charged 5.oo$ to get rid of these 15,The current price for july 1, 2012 is 125.oo per Ton.I loaded my trunk ,ran over a scale,unload,reweight my car,take the weight and divide it into a ton ,pay (in my case 5.00)
Liberty Tire Recycling ,Auburndale Wisconsin, 715-652-3622

or, in my county, as we are "certified clean" (whatever that really means)you can take a few at a time to the county road garage for "free"(whatever that means) mine go in 2's & 4's.

Its very important to properly dispose of tires not just put in a 100 acre field piled sky high. This place grinds them up and separates out the steel /rim belts and then the rubber gets made into usefull products such as rubber matts at rail road crossings.Everyone likes free but eventually someone has to pay to process them and not just pile em up somewhere.:drink

Back