• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2013 Rally Including current updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think you may be missing something. On the north end of the site ( I'm not looking at google map) there are several LARGE areas with mature trees. There are probably not as many acres of shady areas as Sedalia but far more than our average site. There is room for several hunderd tents in a flat area. It's a wonderful site for tenting and the climate should also be good for camping. Come on out and see for yourself.

Yes I did see that. I'm not a tent camper I was just wondering about about the other attendees. I'll take your word that it's a good site. I'm a vendor/member so I have to look at this from a business stand point. I wasn't impressed when they had it in Oregon a few years ago. I'm hopping I can find another venue (maybe the moto gp in Ca.) to offset the 6000 mile round trip fuel cost for the event. I would hate to miss a national and this would be the first I would miss since being a member in 2004. However if the numbers don't work then we just can not attend.

I had already done that and looked at the "profile" but didn't notice "go to homepage." Thanks Kurt!

So Nick, I stopped by and saw Jodie the other day and she is thrilled with her new responsibilities. I live about 2 miles from the shop.

I sure hope you find a way to attend Salem, it's setting up to be an exceptional rally. There is some hush hush stuff in the works that should make for an outstanding event with excellent attendance. Stay tuned! :dance

Stan Herman
BMW MOA Director
Pueblo West, Co.

I had already done that and looked at the "profile" but didn't notice "go to homepage." Thanks Kurt!

So Nick, I stopped by and saw Jodie the other day and she is thrilled with her new responsibilities. I live about 2 miles from the shop.

I sure hope you find a way to attend Salem, it's setting up to be an exceptional rally. There is some hush hush stuff in the works that should make for an outstanding event with excellent attendance. Stay tuned! :dance

Stan Herman
BMW MOA Director
Pueblo West, Co.

Jodie will do a fine job I think the world of her! We'll just have to see if makes sense for me to go. If I can do the Moto GP then it may be worth it, if not I don't see it making much business sense since it looks like I would be spending $2K in fuel costs alone. The last time they had it in Oregon we were lucky the GWRRA had their Wing Ding in Iowa two weeks before. No such luck this time.

I'm from Oregon I've been a member for about 3 years and have really wanted to attend an International Rally... but they've always been too far and/or I've been unable to get the time off work. This coming summer rally dates are perfect and I can get those days off. But geeez... I would love a nice ride to get there... but only 50 miles down I-5 to get to Salem... that just takes the wind out of my sails. Perhaps I'll wait for another year and what I'd consider a funner destination from my point of view. For me the road trip to get there is half the fun! Without a decent ride to get there is the rally really worthwoth it? Should I wait for another year? Just rambling here . LOL!

In 1994, I lived in Boston and rode to the rally in Connecticut by going through Colorado.

After the rally, I was home in time to get a good nap in, wash the bikes and stow all our gear.

Geeeeez Dave, it's a lot easier with about 1200 cc's between your knees. :burnout

Hope to see you in Salem, it's been a while.

Stan

Geeeeez Dave, it's a lot easier with about 1200 cc's between your knees. :burnout

Hope to see you in Salem, it's been a while.

Stan

:ha

Where's the fun in that? It's one of the epic bicycle rides in this country, so it's next on my list.

If I survive this, you will: www.deathride.com :ha

It's the week before the rally, so I'm going to spend the next 7 months in training. Moto time will be in pretty short supply between now and then.

Best of luck with the Deathride. I'm not sure you will be recovered in a weeks time!

Well, I'll volunteer

Just e-mailed the rally chairs from work to volunteer as a "slave" during the rally. Haven't been on this forum for a long time and my net-nazi's at work have the forum blocked. So now I can see that things are well advanced.

Deb, once I get established in WA and get the bikes unloaded, I'll be glad to help. Set up in Salem this summer, help pre-ride routes (grew up in John Day, went to school in Eugene a long time ago), whatever it takes. Would like to be able to attend some seminars, but it's not important if I ride during the rally. I'll be retired and intend to ride the hell out of the PNW this spring and summer! :clap

Anyway, let me know by PM or e-mail what ever you need. Heck, I'll even pour beer, if I don't get too distracted by the product . . . . :drink

IMG_1233.jpg

I'm from Oregon I've been a member for about 3 years and have really wanted to attend an International Rally... but they've always been too far and/or I've been unable to get the time off work. This coming summer rally dates are perfect and I can get those days off. But geeez... I would love a nice ride to get there... but only 50 miles down I-5 to get to Salem... that just takes the wind out of my sails. Perhaps I'll wait for another year and what I'd consider a funner destination from my point of view. For me the road trip to get there is half the fun! Without a decent ride to get there is the rally really worthwoth it? Should I wait for another year? Just rambling here . LOL!

At least you can run home to shower and not have to wait in line for a cold shower.:clap

My wife says that is a great idea, only WINE-fest. When is it going to be in a great wine area? Future Ideas?:bottle

The Oregon BMW Riders annual Rally in John Day featured a fine wine tasting of local wines supplied by the attendees. Maybe this could be repeated at the national. Might cut into the beer sales for a couple of hours though. You will pass by a number of great Oregon wineries on your way to Salem no matter which direction you come from. Or there's always Safeway.
IMG_9089-S.jpg

-Sirby

Yes I did see that. I'm not a tent camper I was just wondering about about the other attendees. I'll take your word that it's a good site. I'm a vendor/member so I have to look at this from a business stand point. I wasn't impressed when they had it in Oregon a few years ago. I'm hopping I can find another venue (maybe the moto gp in Ca.) to offset the 6000 mile round trip fuel cost for the event. I would hate to miss a national and this would be the first I would miss since being a member in 2004. However if the numbers don't work then we just can not attend.

That would be too bad, as many riders look forward to the hands on inspection and purchase of the moto goodies only seen in magazines.
At our local Washington State BMW Riders annual rally the last few years we have seen a downturn in the number of vendors attending. What I found, as door prize chairman, was that an organized effort to display and make available product for people to inspect and discuss with other riders prior to giving it all away at door prize time, garnered some really nice contributions from vendors the following year(s). Certainly more sales will be made from attending with a booth full of product, but if not attending, it would be great to see your product displayed well and maybe a discount coupon offered to all.
Just a thought.
IMG_9972-S.jpg

And we wouldn't be "whipped" from a haul to the left coast before arriving at Salem!
No train ride or shipping required... just storage logistics. I'll give it due consideration.
When it comes to the annual moa rally before & after week.... everybody's gonna be
somewhere doing something! :thumb

John, red 04r1150r

For storage of your bike look into the MOA Anonymous book. You should be able to find a member with storage space.
I was contacted once by a rider from GA who stored his K bike in my garage for a month while he went back to work for a while and continued his journey around the country later by flying to Seattle and taking a taxi to my place etc. Worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back