• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Go Pro cameras

..............BTW, my GoPro does not stay on and goes off as requested, plugged into charger. ............

It is when the remote is plugged into power it will not shut off, and turns the camera on also, (in standby mode, NOT recording) thus draining its batteries.

I said I would post an image from my high mount third person camera location. I hope this works. My computer skills are a little lacking.

Attachments

• saturday the fourteenth 007_0.04.16.28.jpg
    saturday the fourteenth 007_0.04.16.28.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 803
My GoPro 2 bricked when I tried to do the firmware update for the wifi back. Waiting for a replacement...

I see most people are using the GOPRO. Does anyone use the Contour Roam? My wife just bought me one. I used it a couple of times and am happy with it. Pretty good quality video.

I have an older Contour (the original HD that does 720p not 1080p) and a Drift Stealth. I prefer the Drift as it has a remote to turn record mode on and off meaning I can mount the camera outside of my normal reach. It also has a small screen to preview camera orientation and set options. I suppose you can use it for playback, too. I didn't like the form factor of the go pro.

I've got the GoPro2 HD with mounts on helmet, front fender, and rear facing from the pannier. I recently recorded my rides on the Tail of the Dragon and it came out really well. You absolutely need the remote though. Stopping to fiddle with it is a pain in the butt so you end up leaving it on longer than you want or not turning it on for something unexpected and exciting like a bear in the middle of the road. Here's my front fender mount...works better than the crash bars or windshield from a vibration standpoint.

Attachments

• R1200GSA2.jpg
    R1200GSA2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 639
I've been using the GoPro HD for the past 2 years. The major limitation IMHO is poor user interface. The LCD back was a step in the right direction, but still falls short. I haven't used the WiFi back or remote, but would consider them to be an essential accessory. I have missed great video solely as a result of uncertainty of what mode the camera is in, or what the viewpoint of the lens is. The microphone is another a weak spot for moto use. So many areas fall short with this platform I'm seriously considering the Contour platform would be my next choice, not the GoPro HD2...

K75S GoPro mount

I broke down and ordered a GoPro 2, question now is how to mount it. I don't care for the helmet mount and space on a K75S is a little limited. Anyone out there have any ideas / sucess with a simple mounting system and position for a K75S?

I have the GoPro HD. My only complaint is if the sun is anywhere in the forward 1/3 of my field of view, the entire picture tends to get washed out.

I have the GoPro HD. My only complaint is if the sun is anywhere in the forward 1/3 of my field of view, the entire picture tends to get washed out.

There are two metering modes on the HD. Switch to the other one.

I've had my GoPro Hero2 for a couple weeks now. I've got a RAM mount to mount the camera to my bike, and a helmet mount to mount the camera to, well, my helmet.

I haven't had a chance to test it out other than filming a recent commute to the office, which you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPDHCdiHkMo&feature=plcp

I'm really looking forward to ski season, where I'll be able to easily video my son's skiing with the camera mounted on our ski helmets.

I've had no problems operating the camera while it's attached to my helmet. So far, I haven't seen a need for the Wi-Fi remote control. Once you learn the sequence of pushing buttons, you can do it with the camera out of sight.

I've been using the GoPro HD for the past 2 years. The major limitation IMHO is poor user interface. The LCD back was a step in the right direction, but still falls short. I haven't used the WiFi back or remote, but would consider them to be an essential accessory. I have missed great video solely as a result of uncertainty of what mode the camera is in, or what the viewpoint of the lens is. The microphone is another a weak spot for moto use. So many areas fall short with this platform I'm seriously considering the Contour platform would be my next choice, not the GoPro HD2...

Most Contour cams are worse than the GoPro's when it comes to wind noise, but their latest camera, the Contour +, comes with an external mic jack and it works very well. And the recording quality is the best I've ever come across, including the GoPro2 which I still use often. Would note the Contour+ is a pricey cam, but it is excellent.

I broke down and ordered a GoPro 2, question now is how to mount it. I don't care for the helmet mount and space on a K75S is a little limited. Anyone out there have any ideas / sucess with a simple mounting system and position for a K75S?

Taking a look at K75S images, consider using the suction mount coming with the GoPro2, and placing it on the left side fairing coming down from the windshield. Looks like plenty of room for the excellent suction mount.

I've learned regardless of camera and adjustments, if I want the best possible recording, have the sun at the back... if this is an option. Also, cloudy day recordings typically underwhelm. I've become picky enough I often don't bother recording a road if it is overcast or seriously cloudy.

I've learned regardless of camera and adjustments, if I want the best possible recording, have the sun at the back... if this is an option. Also, cloudy day recordings typically underwhelm. I've become picky enough I often don't bother recording a road if it is overcast or seriously cloudy.

I too try to shoot with the sun behind me, however when the camera is mounted and you are on the move, you sometimes find yourself headed in the general direction of the sun. Those are the ones I'm complaining about, especially if I saw something along the road I was hoping to get a picture of.

If you use a suction mount, make damn sure to use a safety tether. I've seen too many vids of cameras coming off and tumbling down the road.

Back