• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 R1150RT Electrical Schematics

roger 04 rt

I make frequent use of Doug Raymond's excellent R1150RT_Elec_Diagram (link below). It is much easier to navigate than my Clymer's Manual and clearer than a BMW schematic I've found on the web. However, for those of us who own the 2004 Twin Spark RT, it is missing the connections for the main spark plugs, which led me to purchase the BMW SLP 2.2 Electrical Diagram CD.

The differences between Doug's Schematic for the single-spark 1150RT and the twin-spark are:

--There is a Fuse 9, 7.5 amps. It connects to the High Beam lamp and indicator, between the Load Relief relay and the High Beam switch.

--There are two connections from the Motronic to the connectors on top of the Stick Coils. The left side and right side have separate connections to the Motronic. +12V for the stick coils comes directly from the Key Switch, no fuse.

(--Some R1150RT models have a second Load relay (not mine) that connects the main plug stick coils to +12V via a direct connection when the key is on. There is no indication of which VINs have this relay.)

--Errata: On page 3 of Doug's schematic there should be a connection from the Load Relief relay to Fuse 7.

I've uploaded the links and PDF files that show the wiring in detail for those who need to troubleshoot a problem.

1. Doug Raymond's original schematic: R1150RT_Elec_Diagram

2. An updated page 3 of Doug's R1150RT_Elec_Diagram: R1150RT_Elec_Diagram Page 3 Updated

3. BMW Schematic showing Fuse 9: 2004 R1150RT High Beam Schematic

4. Twin Spark Connections: 2004 R1150RT Twin Spark Connections

5. Twin Spark Connections with Load Relay (not common): 2004 R1150RT Twin Spark Schematic Load Relay 2

Last edited:
Back