• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finished Austin to PNW Ride-starter issues R1150GS

tthouses

capt. paul
Just completed my 6300 mile ride from Austin to Portland and points all between. Just wanted to thank BMW San Francisco (Freddy) and the folks at BMW Portland for their quick assist .

Also, if you ever have a starter problem on your GS when it otherwise was working fine it may be that you have corrosion on your battery connections or your starter/solenoid connections..(which mine did)...i learned that you can push start the beast! check your connections and lube with di-electric grease before you head out!!!

Cheers
Paul V

Note: if you enter the Oakland Bay Bridge from San Fran be advised that you enter from the LEFT lane...if you want to get to the right hand side you have many lanes to cross. At least that is how i got on this beast of a bridge. Also leaving SF going East you are on the lower part of the bridge which should keep it less of a white knuckle trip.

Back